Close

Default Water pump issues

The water pump on my LTD took crap and is now pissing coolant out the weep hole. Will this water pump work on the 84 timing cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Yes, that is the one I am running (actually on my second). Beware that changing out the pump can sometimes disturb the timing cover to block gasket up high.

Speaking of which, to use that pump you will end up covering two tapped holes in the timing cover which can then result in cooling leaks into the little valleys to each side of the top of the timing cover. I got some bolts with the correct thread, cut them off with a dremel, cut a screwdriver slot in one end, gooped them up good with thread sealant and screwed them into the cover. No more leaks
    1985 LTD LX original owner

Did this in the parking lot at work, used the LMR bolt kit and everything went in as it should have. No leaks from anywhere (except the cheap radiator the PO put in).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs