Close

Thread: Hello from Ohio

Default Hello from Ohio

Wanted to introduce myself. I just bought a 82 GT and will be asking many stupid questions. I promise to search forums before posting repetitive questions!

This is my third Mustang. I had a 65 fastback for 15 years. A 93 GT as a daily driver for 4 years. Both of those had to go when my second and third children came along. Now my boys are older and we wanted a project to work on.

The Car is in good shape. 64K original miles. The problem and what appealed to me as a project is everything is original. Meaning belts, hoses, wires, spark plugs, exhaust......... But, it is a really solid car. Bought it, grabbed the keys, and drove it 2 hours home without issue. I will post pictures soon.

My 8 year old and I spent 5 hours cleaning the interior yesterday. Thought I would start him with the fun/instant gratification stuff to get him hooked. He loved it. When I showed him how to use Cue tips to clean tight spots he loved it and went crazy detailing.

Next up is a tune up. It runs well but idles a tad rough. I am guessing 35 year old cap,rotor,wires, and plugs have lived their useful life.

Thanks in advance for answering the barrage of questions I anticipate.

Phil

Ok figured out how to load pics from phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Member

Nice! Love the 82's. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to FEP. Very nice ride you have their. What part of Ohio you from? I am from Troy just North of Dayton. My son and I just restored my 84 2 years ago.
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

FEP Power Member

Congrats! You're lucky to find an all original 82 GT. Enjoy the project with your boys and hope they will get hooked on the car hobby. I'm currently looking for an 82 GT.

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged347 View Post
    Welcome to FEP. Very nice ride you have their. What part of Ohio you from? I am from Troy just North of Dayton. My son and I just restored my 84 2 years ago.
    I'm from painesville. Right on Lake Erie.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer82gt View Post
    Congrats! You're lucky to find an all original 82 GT. Enjoy the project with your boys and hope they will get hooked on the car hobby. I'm currently looking for an 82 GT.
    Where are you from. The gentleman I bought from had 6 to choose from. Ranged from parts cars to 40k original miles.

Welcome, nice 82GT

Great looking car. I graduated HS in '89 so that car was a decent ride back then. Nice to see it staying on the road.

Welcome to FEP. Love the GT, looks great...

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by senzstang View Post
    Where are you from. The gentleman I bought from had 6 to choose from. Ranged from parts cars to 40k original miles.
    I'm in the Toronto area. Can you let me know what else he has? Any contact info?

Thanks!