I'm a long time lurker and I have been waiting for the right car to find me, and this weekend I stumbled across an 83 RS Turbo that is coming up at a local auction. It's not running which is a major minus, but it looks complete and straight.

I know it's rare, but also not valuable yet. I prefer the 84 interior and airdam, but I also hate to see a rare and unique car like this end up at Pick n Pull, which is where it will go if nobody wants it.

I'm well versed on the SVO, less so on the turbo GTs. I believe performance can be I increased by using all the same techniques as the SVO, add an intercooler, increase boost etc. I'm not interested in building a crazy car, more so in restoring it and driving it.

A couple questions before I go look at it:

We're all turbo GTs 5-speeds?

Should it have sport seats?

I assume the hood scoop is missing.

I can't see t-tops or a sunroof which makes me hope the interior is in restorable condition and the floors solid.

What size is the crank pulley nut so I can at least spin it to see if the engine is seized. I will also check for signs of a bad head gasket. I really don't want to rebuild an engine, but I'm happy to replace fuel pumps etc to get it running again.

I'm assuming it's worth about $500 as it sits. Which is what I will bid for it. Pick n Pull usually pays about $300.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

A little background on me. I turned 16 on 1986 and desperately wanted a Saleen, SVO or GT Mustang. I eventually​got into Alfa Romeos and have had more than 10 over the past 25 years. I have still always wanted a Fox Mustang, and figure I better buy one before prices go nuts.

I recently picked up a barely running 1985 VW Cabriolet with a bad in tank fuel pump and easily got it running pretty easily. I will be moving that along shortly and looking for my next project. Of course I have others, a 1973 Alfa Romeo Berlina and a 1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Lemons racecar project.

Thanks!
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk