Close

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Greetings,

My name is Roderick and I chose to use POPO79COBRA as my username for this site. I give great thanks to FourEyedPride for allowing me to membership with FourEyedPride. I reside in Waxahachie, TX., and have re-acquired a 1979 Mustang, automatic, 5.0. I re-acquired it in the same rough condition that I sold it in three years ago however, the engine does start and idles decently.

This Mustang must be a blessing to me because; I purchased the car approximately three years ago then, sold it because I was blinded by the 88 mustang coupe race car that I was in the process of building and paid the "believed to be Cobra" no attention (I wasn't really sure that it was an original cobra back then). Approximately two weeks ago I received a phone call from the guy that bought the Mustang from me. The guy said that he had just bought a 2017 Dodge Challenger and didn't have room at his residence to park his new car therefore; he asked if I wanted the Mustang back. Long story short, he told me to bring my trailer and pick the Mustang up free of charge.

About a week ago I paid the car a lot of attention. It is a matching numbers "Cobra per the vin and buck tag" (took me a while to figure out what a "buck tag" was and where it was located to surely match the numbers). I am seriously shocked Nonetheless, I have been truly blessed.

I look forward to fellow-shipping with everyone in this forum. I am no stranger to wrenching and am very receptive to suggestions and ideas.

I will post pictures of the Cobra when I figure out how to do so on this forum/site.

Again, Thanks.
    Last edited by POPO79COBRA; 05-27-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Grammar error and additions to introduction.

Welcome, great story lets see sone pics, glad you were able to get your car back!!!

Thanks STANGMAN116, I will post a few pics tomorrow morning when i'm on my own personal computer and not at work on the job computer.

Quote Originally Posted by POPO79COBRA View Post
    Greetings,

My name is Roderick and I chose to use POPO79COBRA as my username for this site. I give great thanks to FourEyedPride for allowing me to membership with FourEyedPride. I reside in Waxahachie, TX., and have re-acquired a 1979 Mustang, automatic, 5.0. I re-acquired it in the same rough condition that I sold it in three years ago however, the engine does start and idles decently.

This Mustang must be a blessing to me because; I purchased the car approximately three years ago then, sold it because I was blinded by the 88 mustang coupe race car that I was in the process of building and paid the "believed to be Cobra" no attention (I wasn't really sure that it was an original cobra back then). Approximately two weeks ago I received a phone call from the guy that bought the Mustang from me. The guy said that he had just bought a 2017 Dodge Challenger and didn't have room at his residence to park his new car therefore; he asked if I wanted the Mustang back. Long story short, he told me to bring my trailer and pick the Mustang up free of charge.

About a week ago I paid the car a lot of attention. It is a matching numbers "Cobra per the vin and buck tag" (took me a while to figure out what a "buck tag" was and where it was located to surely match the numbers). I am seriously shocked Nonetheless, I have been truly blessed.

I look forward to fellow-shipping with everyone in this forum. I am no stranger to wrenching and am very receptive to suggestions and ideas.

I will post pictures of the Cobra when I figure out how to do so on this forum/site.

Again, Thanks.
    Name:  20170510_133401.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  177.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by POPO79COBRA View Post
    Name:  20170510_133401.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  177.3 KB
    Name:  20170510_151801.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  112.5 KB

Legit 5.0 Cobra! Return to sender, Score!

Beautiful. Welcome!

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site! Good luck with the new project. Glad you could verify it as a real Cobra.

Not sure if you have ventured into the other areas yet but there is a registry for Cobras so you can share the buck and vins: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Cobra-Registry
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Welcome to FEP.. Wow, great find!! Hope you have a fun and good luck with the build..