Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Specs of the parts is what matters.
    Will you elaborate on that comment?
    Those spindles, hubs, etc. pictured I purchased from the ford engineer who actually designed the m-2300-k cobra r upgrade kit. And they are brand new old stock. I was considering that cobra r kit also, mostly because it comes with 4-piston brembo calipers and a wider pad that uses more of the rotor area. But of course the price starts going up!

What I mean is what the parts are and that they are in proper working condition matters a lot more than where they came from. High dollar kits are an easy button and if the guys that put the kit together offer support it can be worthwhile although you pay more.

A bunch of my SN95 parts for my conversion came from junk yards and Mcparts stores, but the specs are what they should be and it stops like an absolute champ now.

Understood. I like the kits because they look like time savers.

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Down View Post
    You ain't kidding about the dust.
    I've never actually used them myself, but that's what I've always heard about the HP+s - work great, but crank out lots of dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Down View Post
    I will probably buy the Northracecars front and rear kit. I like that it's all new parts and a complete kit.
    That's the kit I chose to go with too. Good quality parts, not fancy though. The front calipers were unfinished, so I gave them a coat of paint myself to pretty them up. The parts from the kit all fit properly. I went with the MM stainless braided hoses as well. My master cylinder is a 15/16" bore from a 90s Ranger. The biggest difference is it puts the outlets on the fender side instead of the engine side for a bit better clearance. I'm running manual brakes, no assist. Also went with the Wildwood adjustable proportioning valve with the built in brake light switch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12