Close

Default Anyone have pics with the side moldings painted white as a contrasting color?

I've seen full white cars, where the body and side moldings are the same color, but I don't think I've seen a color car with white moldings. It might be hideous but I was just thinking about how to be a bit different when I paint the car and this was an idea I had.

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbohow View Post
    I've seen full white cars, where the body and side moldings are the same color, but I don't think I've seen a color car with white moldings. It might be hideous but I was just thinking about how to be a bit different when I paint the car and this was an idea I had.

The mouldings aren't painted but you get the idea. This isn't finished yet. I'll have a contrasting color between the 2 stripes. Not sure yet but it needs something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Depending on the exterior color, but the "classic" white rocker stripes look very good on our cars, or red rocker stripes on a white car like the GT350 from 1984 also look very good

Name:  IMG_20130304_222331.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  104.9 KB
    I got my 85 all silver but was debating on going back to the black molding or the rocker stripes in black since I had seen them in white on a black 84 an really liked the way they stand out. Wish I still had mine. Lost it in 2014 to a drunk driver. Hope this helps. Take care