Close

Default CFI to SEFI ignition

How are you guys running the wires for the coil when you do the SEFI swaps? I pulled the engine harness from my 86 GT and the coil runs in the body harness bundle along the drivers side frame rail. Do you cut out the wires for the ignition and swap them too or is there enough wire to go from the stock (passenger) to EFI location (driver)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

I transferred all harnesses

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I am in the process of figuring this out myself. Moell and Marz documented this pretty well a while back but I think most if the pictures are gone from the thread. Following in their footsteps I am basically moving the ignition components to the driver's side. It looks like most of the wiring wraps around from the driver's side and will have to be shortened.
    Here is the Marz and Moell thread:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...e-CFI-for-SEFI!

The tricky part for me was splicing in the exterior lighting and wipers. That should be no trouble at all for you though since you're starting with a 4-eye Mustang going into another 4-eye car! All the wire colors are the same year, to year. It's actually pretty easy!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

This is the what is on the passenger side of the old chassis harness that has to he moved to the driver's side so the airbox is in it's proper place. I opened up the harness and separated it from the front light wiring then cut it out.

The a50 sefi conversion harness has instructions on which wires to locate and should make things a little easier for me. I have new old stock mustang style harness but decided to save it for the restoration of my mustang.