Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    FEP Member

Car looks amazing compared to when I saw it in the spring! Meanwhile the parts I got from you are still in the same storage container I put them in after I got home...

Thanks Matt.... I can't wait to see the Fairmont build get started
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Ok, the EFI swap is finally finished, and is running well. Got the body all back together, interior in the car for the first time in 10 years, and I also got the carbon fiber inner aprons installed. Here is a pic of the inner aprons... hoping to clean up some of the wiring, but it works well for now:

Name:  carbonaprondone1.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  146.3 KB

Name:  carbonaprondone2.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  163.8 KB

Here are some pics of the car back on the ground and assembled... after a maiden trip around the block

Name:  FinishedBody.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  FinishedBody2.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  89.8 KB

Crazy to think that it started like this only 9 months ago:

Name:  americaneaglewheels1.jpg
Size:  103.7 KB
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Mike

Nice looking MAF

FEP Member

Looking good!

A lot of nice work man love those carbon fender aprons!! And those seats too. I've seen those seats fade pretty quick so beware. Not sure how well scotch guard will help but worth a shot lol. Because they are a great looking seat.

Looks great! Congrats!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Looks great!
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

Looks awesome! Nice work
    Mike
    85 GT - owned since 87

Well, I bit the bullet after realizing that I cheaped out on only one area of my suspension.... the coilovers. The Raceland coils are a good option for general driving, but since I've decided that I want to try a little bit of track time, and some additional dampening adjustability, I contacted the good guys at Maximum Motorsports, and got their front and rear coilover kits, a set of Koni shocks and struts, and a set of MM Caster/Camber plates. They recommended 300# front springs, and 175# rears. I am looking forward to getting them installed this weekend, and seeing how it feels on the road. Here is a pic of the coilover kits, still waiting on the Koni struts... should be here Friday.

Name:  20180207_174823_resized.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  136.0 KB

The last thing I am considering is Maximum Motorsports Track Bar. I have the Panhard bar, and just trying to determine if the addition of the Track Bar would make a significant difference, and/or if there are any negative affects that the Track Bar would have on my car as a weekend driver?

Quote Originally Posted by vdubn View Post
    The last thing I am considering is Maximum Motorsports Track Bar. I have the Panhard bar, and just trying to determine if the addition of the Track Bar would make a significant difference, and/or if there are any negative affects that the Track Bar would have on my car as a weekend driver?
    I assume you mean Torque Arm rather than Track Bar.

I would say go for it! The difference in handling is night and day IMHO. Well worth the $$ and definitely a great addition to any Fox street or track.

The only downside is your current coilover springs will most likely be too soft and would require a increase in spring rate. If you are serious, you might consider giving MM a call and see if you could return your new uninstalled set for the correct spring rate before you go any further. Best of Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Oops... Yes, Torque arm. I'll call MM today and see what they say. My next question... Which Torque arm to buy? Also, it sounds like some exhaust modifications are required, depending on which mid-pipe your running. I'm running a MAC ProChamber mid pipe. I wonder if it will need to be modified?

You have put in some serious work on your beautiful car.

Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated. Couldn't have done it without this community.

Trey, I talked with MM today and they recommended moving up to 200# rear springs... So I'll exchange my 175a for those. I also found a HD Torque Arm, brand new, for a killer deal. Hopefully I'll have it by this weekend.

Anyone here done a Torque Arm install to know how difficult it is compared to the Panhard bar install?

Quote Originally Posted by vdubn View Post
    Ok, the EFI swap is finally finished, and is running well. Got the body all back together, interior in the car for the first time in 10 years, and I also got the carbon fiber inner aprons installed. Here is a pic of the inner aprons... hoping to clean up some of the wiring, but it works well for now:

[ATTACH]118610[/ATTACH
    Name:  carbonaprondone2.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  163.8 KB

Here are some pics of the car back on the ground and assembled... after a maiden trip around the block

Name:  FinishedBody.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  FinishedBody2.jpg
Size:  89.8 KB

Crazy to think that it started like this only 9 months ago:

Name:  americaneaglewheels1.jpg
Size:  103.7 KB
    Hey, hoping this still reaches you although you’ve sold the car a while back... currently in the process of building an 85gt hatch, same color lol. Just had a question on your rear fenders, did you have to pie cut as well, or only have to roll them?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345