Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FEP Senior Member

Quick Question for the experts:

My driverīs side window regulator is broken and was poorly fixed. Iīm looking at replacement parts, but I only find either for a 79-93 Coupe/hatchback or for a 87-93 Convertible/ T-Top

Which one can I use for a 83 convertible?

thanks

FEP Senior Member

Just got this pic from the resto shop: Hood is on, scoop installed and the blackout painted... Iīm drooling, canīt wait to see it on saturday,

That really looks nice man.

Congratulations - nice looking redo!

That color...with the black hood stripe and scoop...

Gorgeous!
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Coming along nicely! I can't wait to see this car outside and in the sun. You will be amazed at how different it looks as opposed to inside.

As for the window regulator, I'm not of much help there. I would assume that the 87+ convertible regulator would work, but I'm not 100% on that.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

FEP Senior Member

Thanks a lot!

I canīt wait to see it in the sun, I know the gold spark of the metallic paint are going to make it lighter with a more golden tone. One of the things I loved of my old 2010 Kona Blue Mustang was how different it looked when in intense sunlight (purple), natural light (dark blue) and night (almost black)...

The only parts left for paint are the interior (still looking what we are going to do with the floor pans, as I donīt want to add much weight) and the dreaded rear bumper cover (should be painted by now), and re-assembly will begin shortly!

FEP Senior Member

Weekend update: They finished painting the car! there are no red parts left... and the dash and console are now black as well. They will begin the re-assembling the interior and all the weatherstripping and trim pieces this week. So far I am very happy with the results:

Edited Pic (increased the brightness):

Side moldings in place, All straight, not short! Not crooked or bent in the corners!

FEP Senior Member

Todayīs update: He has eyes!

Looking great!

Awesome. Love my '83 GT vert.

Name:  IMG_0902.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  156.9 KB

Took this photo about 2 hours ago.
    1983 5.0 GT convertible. Restored 2011 - 2014

That green is simply stunning!
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

FEP Senior Member

Thanks!

I canīt wait to see it in the sunlight! The pics Iīve seen of 01 Bullit Mustangs seem to look very different depending on the light, from a very dark green to something lighter when the sun hits the golden flakes of the metallic paint.

It still probably has a good 3 weeks to a month to be finished, but itīs getting there... I hope I can present the car during our local clubīs event on July 25th

FEP Super Member

Car looks great , but i would cha ve those wheels .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    Car looks great , but i would cha ve those wheels .
    The wheels are there temporarily, Iīm doing a full SN95 rear end swap and front brakes with 5 lugs. The car is going to ride on my 03 GTīs bullit wheels

FEP Senior Member

Weekend update: luggage rack is installed, and they are working on the wheatherstripping and window trim. They are also starting the painful window regulator resto and re-assembly...

Another front end pic... just because I fell in love with how it looks...

Windshield trim and weatherstrip installed

luggage rack (the trunk still needs some adjustments, it has a large gap on the left side... tail lamps were just presented, not yet installed as they have not been repainted yet and I need to buy the rubber strips to install them properly

I can't wait to see it in the sun man, it really is looking beautiful. I like the '83-'84 GT hood scoop too. I really think it's one of the best scoops on a mustang next to the old shaker hood scoop from the classic mustangs.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    I can't wait to see it in the sun man, it really is looking beautiful. I like the '83-'84 GT hood scoop too. I really think it's one of the best scoops on a mustang next to the old shaker hood scoop from the classic mustangs.
    Totally agree! it somehow gives foxes that "old school" classic Mustang look

FEP Senior Member

Thanks to photo bucket my pics no longer show on the thread....

Anyway, after a couple weeks with little advance, this past week they started working on the new top:
    Name:  IMG_0700.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  63.3 KB

I am now struggling to find some trim pieces that have proved impossible to find in Mexico.... I had a contact at a junkyard in Mexicalli that had been sending me parts from a scrape car but he just disappeared... I posted a WTB ad in the classifieds in case someone has the parts...

Man that is looking good! With a bit of luck and patience you will find those pieces!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Senior Member

Top is almost finished save for some adjustments

Name:  fullsizeoutput_59d.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  136.1 KBName:  fullsizeoutput_59f.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  136.6 KB

I want some opinions regarding the following mod (unfortunately it means using some 87-93 trim:

I havenīt been able to find the quarter window belt moldings and Iīm losing faith in finding them anytime soon (Fox convertibles were never sold in Mexico). So my "quick fix" would be to use 87-93 convertible upper well moldings, and change my door belt moldings for the 87-93 as well.

This would also mean either changing my side view mirrors to the (coupe/hatch) 87-93 so the mirrors would match the 87-93 door belt molding, or (have no idea if this is possible or how it would look) installing the 89-93 convertible belt-molding with the extension under my original 83 mirrors to cover up the space that the belt molding leaves with our 79-86 mirrors...

Another alternative would be to swap my doors to the 89-93 convertible, which have the side view mirror of those models (I actually found a couple doors for sale).

What are your thoughts... of course my ideal is to keep it 83-86 original, but Iīm losing hope of finding the belt moldings for my quarter windows...

FEP Senior Member

Long time with no update... and phtobucket not allowing to add pics makes it even worse...

Anyway, the car left the body shop almost two months ago, and itīs now been worked on the mechanical side... I did a full SN95 swap complete with the 8.8 differential and front brakes, so I can install my 03 GT bullit wheels. The differential was in bad shape, so they rebuild the posi and I installed 3:31 gears.

Engine has all new dress up, 4 barrel edelbrock carb and intake, fuel pump, distributor, high capacity water pump, 4 row radiator...

suspension is now sn 95 as well, with eibach lowering springs, however the rear is sitting extremely high, so that will have to be fixed...

Here are the update pics...

Name:  IMG_1118.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  107.4 KBName:  IMG_1119.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  92.7 KBName:  IMG_1120.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  94.6 KBName:  IMG_1121.JPG
Views: 280
Size:  100.7 KBName:  IMG_1123.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  139.0 KB

FEP Senior Member

And... hijacking my own thread, here are pics or my "almost" finished 89 GT convertible (the one that was hit on the front, which ended up being not difficult to fix fortunately)

Name:  IMG_1126.JPG
Size:  94.2 KBName:  IMG_1127.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  107.8 KBName:  IMG_1128.JPG
Size:  89.6 KBName:  IMG_1129.JPG
Views: 127
Size:  98.5 KBName:  IMG_1130.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  154.5 KB

Both cars look outstanding.