I never started a thread about my 83 Convertible and the car is well under resto... so I guess Iīll post where we are and the plans...

Car was originally a V6, red with white top and red/white interior. I bought it from a friend that got tired with the project and decided to let it go (bought a two car package, a 68 vw bug and this 83 Mustang for a very attractive price).

My friend swapped the engine for a Mexican Mustang 5.0 but had a lot of problems with overheating and the car not running right, he re-upholstered the interior in black (cheap quality and they basically destroyed the door panels) and gave the car a quick re-paint. The interior had 50 shades of sun baked red, but overall it was very well kept car with no rust whatsoever, straight panels not a single door ding...

After going back on forth on whether keeping the car red... re-doing interior in red, I decided to change color scheme completely (I already have a 2014 red on red vert).

So this is the "concept": The car will be restored as a "Bullit" Inspired Four Eyed Fox, taking most details from the 2001 New Edge Bullit Mustang, including its Highland Green color and the black bullit wheels (which I already have in my garage from my 03 GT).

The 83 front and rear bumper covers are in very good shape but unfortunately all the body side moldings are not, so we will be changing them to the 85/86 bumper covers (I also had a complete 85 front end sitting in my garage and found a rear cover in awesome shape) and bought a new set of repro body side moldings to fit the bumper covers.

Inside the car will be changed to black with new door panels, dash pad and repainted dash, center console, new carpet, 84 dash panels (the grey ones)

Engine wise I will keep it mostly stock with its swapped V8 with only a new intake and 4V carb, will change the rear end to a 95 8.8 with posi and 5 lug discs, with the corresponding sn95 front brake 5 lug conversion as well.

So here are pics of what I bought (looks great in pics, not so good in real life)