I have been to a few different body shops to get quotes and they do vary.

One shop quoted $7000 for a "professional show car restoration". While this sounds nice 7 G's is way too much. I could buy a car in great condition for that much.

I tried 2 different Mako's. One said $2500 for 2 tone black and white paint job with the old paint being stripped first. but the car will be there 4 to 5 weeks. I don't like the long wait. The other Mako said $3000 no paint stripping, he will DA the car, tape off all trim and no guarantee on the front and rear bumper covers cracking. He will have the car a week. Sounds like a rush job and a bitter disappointment.

I tried a local body shop near me was told 3 or 4 thousand for complete paint stripping, molding removal and everything the car needs for a good resto job. I like what he offers but I'd like to not go over 3 grand. I actually didn't want to spend more then 2 G but am realizing that's not gonna happen.

Whats a realistic price and scope of work I should expect for an 84 convertible, white with black headlight buckets and hood stripe?