Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help me locate my 1st Drag Car. Years of searching...no luck.

Please click on the link below. I am searching for my old 1985 Mustang Notchback. It was my first Mustang and I would like to find out more information on its whereabouts. I have the VIN in the ad, but due to privacy laws I cannot find any of the owners contact information. Is there a loophole to get around this? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my ad.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...126353786.html

Here is the ad...in case the one from Craigslist expires.

As the title says, I am searching for a long lost 1985 Mustang LX Coupe. Was originally a 4 cylinder, then converted to a 306 v8 with a C4 transmission. Purple and White exterior / Blue cloth interior. It was my first drag car in 1998 - 1999 at Beaver Springs Dragway in Pennsylvania. I purchased the car from a gentleman in Williamsport, PA. The VIN is 1FABP26A5FF210024. I had to sell it in 1999 when I went off to college. It stayed in PA for a few years, then ended up in Fairfax, VA. According to the CarFax...on 4/9/2007 a tree/limb fell on the roof. There is no history beyond this date.

Due to privacy laws...any information provided will be kept strictly confidential. If you have the contact information for the last owner, you are welcome to leave me a voicemail from a blocked number (I do not answer blocked calls, so it will go to voicemail). You do not have to leave any of your own information.

The information I've been able to find so far leads me to believe the car is in the Fairfax, Virginia area, so it is possible that the car, or remnants thereof, may still be in or around the Fairfax area.

If you have any information, or could potentially help me find out anything more as to the whereabouts and/or fate of this car, I would be extremely appreciative! Even if it has been stripped / scrapped, it would at least provide me with an answer / closure! If the car does still exist, I would definitely be interested in purchasing it, regardless of condition!

These are OLD PICTURES OF ACTUAL CAR! Today, it could be in any condition, any color.. who knows. I'm well aware that I'm hoping against the odds here.. it is very possible / likely that whoever bought used it for parts after the tree fell on it. BUT, I have to give it a shot!

I have been very heavily involved with fox mustangs my entire adult life as a result of the impression THIS car made on me when I was young, so it would be far beyond thrilling to find out what's happened to it / if it still exists in any form! If anybody comes forward with any information, I truly do appreciate it. Even if the car can't be bought, I would still love to know where it is, or even see it, no matter what shape it's in. I have the capability to bring the car back from the dead, no matter how bad it may be. Or, if it is still around and could potentially be bought.

Thanks for giving this a read! Check with your mustang buddies, please!

You can contact me via email, phone, text / any time is fine.

Thanks a lot,
    Call, text, or email
    Sean 570-274-1411
    sales@thecarzone.biz

Do you have any other pix? That sure looks like MY first drag car I had in high school and sold to a guy in Ohio back in late 96 or early 97. Did it have a fuel cell with some bad looking sheet metal work for the trunk floor {hey I was 16}?
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

These are the only 3 pictures I have. I tried to take a photo with a higher resolution. Honestly, I do not remember for the life of me if it had a fuel cell. I believe it might have. I do remember it had a battery in the truck and the battery shutoff switch next to the license plate. I was also young at the time, so my memory is faded (faded like the photos).
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Do you have any pictures of the one you owned in 96? Any specs on the engine, tranny, rear, quarter mile time, etc?

This the only pic I can find still. I sold it as a roller with a 8.8,spool and 4.30s. Had all stock blue interior and the stock hood had a 70 Cougar scoop. I painted it Cadet Blue in 93
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

Wow...it could be the same car. I have been trying to find the CarFax I ran on it a few years ago. The rearend is definitely the same. I changed the rear in the late 90's to one with 3.55's to make it more street-able.

Did it have a 8pt cage? My rear bars went thru the rear speaker holes. I see in your pic it has speakers back there.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

It only had a four point cage.

Dang then prolly not the same car...
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

Was the car registered for the street and subject to smog testing ?
    If so, does your state/district have a smog testing database ?

In California, anyone can enter any VIN or License plate number and see the smog test history, if there is one in California.

Might show if it is still on the road, at least.

Good luck !!

Probably not then. If I can find the CarFax...I will let you know if it was ever registered in Ohio.

Unfortunately...we did not have smog testing until the last few years. Thanks for the thought. It was a good idea.

UPDATE:
    I received information from a local PA gentleman that the car had a 351 Cleveland installed after I owned it. When I owned the car it had a 306. He also stated that were videos of the car drag racing. I have search YouTube...but I have had no luck finding these videos he speaks of. So this said, the car could still have the 351C in it. The search continues...

UPDATE: Just kidding...no updates. I just wanted to bump it up to see if I can get over 300 views. I believe the 306th viewer will have all the information I am searching for (306 is the lucky number because it had a 306ci when I owned it).

UPDATE: New Lead on 6/19/2017. The car was spotted a few weeks ago in Fairfax, Virginia. The owner is believed to work at a clothing shop near the Fairfax Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant (address - 11204 James Swart Cir, Fairfax, VA 22030). If any of my fellow Four Eyed Freaks are down in Fairfax area, please keep an eye out for it. If you can get a picture of the license plate, I am sure I can locate the current owner. You can contact me here or on my cell phone 570-274-1411. Thank you in advance and I am excited to see where this goes.

UPDATE: New information on 6/21/2017. The car could have a 351 Cleveland in it in place of the 306 that was in it when I owned it. While the car was still in Pennsylvania...the owner after me pulled the 306 and installed a 351C. The gentleman that provided this information stated that the car was on YouTube a few years ago drag racing, but I am yet to find these videos. The search continues...thanks for all the leads so far.

UPDATE: New information on 7/30/2017. I found my old Mustang and talked to the current owner. He is not ready to sell it, but I asked him to contact if/when he is ready. Finally, some closure in knowing the car is still around. Wow...this has been a long journey to get answers. I am hopeful someday it will be back in my garage. When that happens...what a great story I will be able to tell everyone.

Thats very cool you found it at least!
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

Congrats on finding your car!!! It's a miracle you were able to find it. I'd LOVE to find my 89 coupe that I sold back in 2002-2003. It went out of state, and I no longer have the VIN, only the license plate. It was painted a very unique color "titanium frost" hopefully it is still out there somewhere. I never got around to reinstalling the fender mouldings before I sold it. Would do anything to have this car back!

Name:  CAR9.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  CAR17.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  KNOTTS4.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  76.6 KB
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

I did not have my VIN either. I had to contacted my insurance company that held the policy and luckily, they still had the VIN. If you insurance company does not have the VIN, maybe your DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) can look it up based on the plate number and the year it was registered. I know each state if different, so I am not sure how California registration works. Having the VIN will be very helpful. Good luck and thanks for the reply...

Blog Entries

Pretty cool. These stories almost never end this way- they are usually never seen again.
    Last edited by brianj; 08-16-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Very true brianj. I hope someday I will be able to post an image of me towing it back home for a complete restoration to its former glory!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast