Close

Thumbs down BEWARE BLU OVAL INDUSTRIES Item Never Delivered No Refund No Customer Service BEWARE!

BEWARE BLU OVAL INDUSTRIES Item Never Delivered No Refund No Customer Service

I ordered a $27 piece of molding about 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago, I told them tracking showed it came to my zip code was delayed and in transit to another zip code. About 1 week ago I told them, and they verified it was delivered to still another zip code… when I asked for a replacement. I contacted them a few more times, requesting my item… told them USPS insures items under $50, and they can get an insurance claim. Today they told me to go to my local post office with the tracking number. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I called their telephone number, and the message said they do not provide telephone support. They must have had many complaints to leave a standard message like that. The other number in yellow pages online is no longer in service or disconnected.

Has anyone else had terrible problems with Blu Oval Industries???

I have heard good and bad both about them. I have never ordered from them but the come to Carlisle. They seem a little iffy when I deal with em there too. Usually don't buy anything from them til ts all over.

I have had good luck with them. But I order thru their EBay store & pay w/PayPal. Its LMR that I've had problems with . took 3 weeks to ship parts they said were in stock. they fight tooth and nail not to give a refund Issues with LMR were resolved & got $50 gift card. my order was aprox $195 .

chargeback

its the senders responsibility to deal with a lost package
    Car: 1986 Mustang GT Hatchback || 5.0L H.O. || Borg-Warner T5 || 171,000 Miles || 25 mpg

Mods: Bfg G-Force T/A KDW || K&N/silencer removed || Hood pins

Times: faster then a speeding Prius

I have, but it was over a damaged part. I never got satisfaction through them and ordered the part from another Aftermarket distributor. I will not do business with Blue Oval again. I don't care how cheap their prices are.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

I've been on ebay since 1999. They blocked me for a dispute. Straight up dick heads.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

These guys are the slimiest I have encountered. After they confirmed it was not delivered to me, they kept trying to blame me, and accepted no responsibility for messing up the shipping address. A reasonable business person would have apologized, and expedited a replacement. It would cost them nothing to file an insurance claim. Instead, I spent weeks trading emails. This kind of stuff really costs in ill will.

Wow - glad I've gotten everything I've ordered from them over the years and haven't had any problems! Lucky I guess!

FEP Power Member

I stopped buying from them when they displayed NOS part boxes in repo part listings, eBay. Truely misleading.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I think the numbskull is John Yates. He forwarded an email response that had his name at bluoval in the to address. Is he a one person show/business? Anyhow, the person at blu oval industries who responds to my emails continues to make false accusations. I keep telling him the truth that he sent the item to the wrong address. The USPS finally called me today about my query referencing the tracking number. They said his shipping label sent it to the wrong city, and gave me the address. He has been so abusive, I am considering filing a grievance with the better business bureau. I think that is who I filed with once before. Does consumer affairs take grievances?

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by '86 5.0L View Post
    chargeback

its the senders responsibility to deal with a lost package
    I agree with '86 5.0L.

Did you pay for this with a CC or pay pal? If so, just dispute the charge/purchase and be done with it. You have all the info you need from USPS saying you never got the item.
    '85 GT

^I agree. Doesn't sound like you're going to get anywhere dealing with this seller.

Cale

Thanks,

I used Paypal buyer protection to file a dispute or something, then escalated it to a case or something. I received an automated judgement against me because tracking showed it was delivered. I was able to get through to customer service at Paypal by phone quickly. Jason was great. He apologized about the automated response; said they have some new systems, and it was delivered to the wrong address; so he would immediately issue a refund. He gave me the zip code where it was delivered about 30 miles away.

In the dispute process, bluoval responded with a cut and paste from the USPS that the consumer at the tracking number address had moved – I heard this from him before – and he falsely accused me of filing a change of address or changing the delivery address when I inquired about the tracking system stating it was delayed, and I said to deliver it to my carport door. Again I responded to the dispute system that I did nothing to change the delivery address. This is one of many false accusations bluoval/probably John Yates made. Anyhow Paypal refunded me.

The USPS did finally respond by phone today to my tracking number delivery query. They gave me the wrong address from the bluoval shipping label with the zip code Paypal specified, and said I did nothing to change the delivery address.

FEP Power Member

Keep an eye on things. PayPal is helpful but sometimes there are loop holes which can be abused. Don't try to fix things for them. It's the sellers job to get it to you. I get really turned off by the sellers who try to switch the blame. Do they think we are really that stupid?
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

As a buyer, once you receive my payment and shipping information - my part is over. Sellers part is to send exactly what I ordered to where I said in the time frame agreed upon. Anything less on either side is a broken contract of sale. I used to work for PayPal back when they were first bought by eBay.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

You got your refund, right? I think that's the last you'll hear about it. Not saying anything bad about you personally as you had a legitimate case, but in my opinion ebay/paypal is heavily slanted in the buyers favor. The buyer always wins disputes.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Blu Oval Industries is the slimiest I have ever dealt with. When delivery was really delinquent, I told them tracking indicated that the item came to my zip code, then to a different city. Probably John Yates responded with the worst customer service ever. He denied they made any error. He blamed it on me. He would never provide a requested telephone number for escalation. I repeatedly asked that they send a replacement. I said they could file an insurance claim on their own time, and deliver the item now. Probably John Yates continued abusive accusations, and denied any service; until I told him that the USPS finally found that his shipping label had a different person’s address on it. Then he quit communicating without ever apologizing, admitting guilt, providing a replacement, providing a refund, etc.

I used Paypal to make my payment through the Blu Oval website/ not ebay. Paypal used their buyer protection plan to refund my payment without the seller’s concurrence.

Paypal was purchased by ebay. Ebay required almost all sellers to use Paypal, and charged about 3% on top of the about 10% they already collected from sellers. Paypal is independently (of ebay) owned now. Ebay still uses Paypal for most transactions. Records, buyer protection, fees, etc. are strongly interlinked.

Ebay and Paypal setup buyer protection, and still are heavily in favor of the buyer. However, the seller can sometimes win a case denying refund claims; when the buyer does not have a legitimate reason for the return.