Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, No A/C. & I forgot about the door tag. They did mention the car was listed for sale a couple years back, but I assumed it was on Craigslist. Pretty cool that you have that archived.

Blog Entries

Ford did some odd sticker packages, and I'm not sure they show on the door or buck tags. Mine had a sticker package, with Ford part numbers, from new. Dealer added, I'm sure, but still---
    Name:  attachment-2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  100.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by brianj; 05-13-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Just a comment on the side stripe. I feel like maybe under the brushed on red paint the PO primed it. With something like that sticker package, it would be more beneficial to do a silver accent stripe in vinyl like the larger piece then to paint on a silver stripe there after at the dealer.. Vinyl tape is not receptive to paint at all. Anyone in the industry would have known that. It will have a chemical reaction and lift. Any paint, eventhough it worked in this case, would have been a novice decision, no insult intended.

I personally like these throwback modifications, it certainly sets the mood for the 1980's. If it's salvageable, I would try to remove all the red (and silver) to keep just the black vinyl tape in tact. Then give it a while to determine if you want to add back anything the correct way.
    1983 Ford Mustang GT | T- Roof | Polar White | Black Sport Interior

I kind of dig those stripes. I remember seeing a few 82-83 GT's with those back in the late 80s. They work really well visually with three piece spoilers. I would try to salvage it if you can.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Found a video with that type of decal installed on an 82 GT. Guy's commentary is kinda funny too...
    https://youtu.be/hiHv3I-Jnvs
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12