Close

Cool Stanley Rechargeit 15 amp reconditioned an old battery

Stanley Re-chargeit 15 amp reconditioned an old battery… Good Restoration Tool no affiliation

Just thought I would share help others with restoration. My old faithful Schummacher 10/2 amp battery charger died. I needed another one for my Mustang restoration, and bought the re-chargeit on Walmart online for $43 total free shipping. It is my new favorite tool. It reconditioned an old battery that I had replaced with new. It displays amp measurements during charge,and shows flo mode when totally charged. It displays current battery voltage. Has an engine start mode for a dead battery. It has an alternator check.

Quote Originally Posted by 83v6Stock View Post
    Stanley Re-chargeit 15 amp reconditioned an old battery… Good Restoration Tool no affiliation

Just thought I would share help others with restoration. My old faithful Schummacher 10/2 amp battery charger died. I needed another one for my Mustang restoration, and bought the re-chargeit on Walmart online for $43 total free shipping. It is my new favorite tool. It reconditioned an old battery that I had replaced with new. It displays amp measurements during charge,and shows flo mode when totally charged. It displays current battery voltage. Has an engine start mode for a dead battery. It has an alternator check.
    Are you saying it has a battery restoring mode built in? If I recall correctly they put the battery through a process that includes a higher voltage into the plates that is supposed to de-sulfate & give the batteries a second chance at life. I thought they were pretty expensive though. That's seems like a really good deal. Good Find!

I had a Mercedes battery sitting around that had quit taking a good charge. IIRC it was about 6 years old and had sat outside of the car for a year or two. It was supposed to take about 6 hours to recondition. I re-installed it, and it cranked very well again, but not really 100%. After a couple of months, I reconditioned it again with a perceived slight improvement. They say to recondition it no more than 5 times.

While you are charging a battery, it displays the amperage being delivered and the % charged. As you charge the amps go down and the percentage goes up.

I like it!