Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its been a while since I have posted but, I have been busy on the 82. I pulled the fuel tank and lines and replaced them. While I was at it I scrubbed the rear end and the floor pane above the gas tank and tire well. I treated everything with Eastwood rust converter then shot it with chassis black then, rubberized undercoat on the floor pan.Name:  01.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  112.3 KBName:  02.jpg
Size:  118.6 KBName:  03.jpg
Size:  116.5 KBName:  04 (1).jpg
Views: 158
Size:  89.4 KB Also, I did pull the KONI quad shocks and refinish them as well.

I have replaced the lower windshield trim as well as the wipers and cowl panel. The SVO sail panels have been painted and mounted. I also repainted the rear bumper rub strip and restored and mounted a set of Capri tail lights,Name:  04 (2).jpg
Size:  126.0 KBName:  06.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  102.8 KBName:  07.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  128.8 KB The couple small rust holes in the floor pan have been repaired and I will be laying the X-mat in place shortly. AND, I finally bought a set of LMR's TRX wheels.

Looking good Harry

Huge progress - looking great so far!
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Thanks guys!

Btw -what did you do with the mesh wheels in the first pics. They'd look great on a Saleen tribute like I'm thinking about building. (I already have the rear wing and side skirts, just need the bumpers for a complete body kit on my 85....)
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Car is looking good. Keep up with the pics....

Fantastic. That's good progress. Keep us upated on how it goes.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Btw -what did you do with the mesh wheels in the first pics. They'd look great on a Saleen tribute like I'm thinking about building. (I already have the rear wing and side skirts, just need the bumpers for a complete body kit on my 85....)
    Sold them to a guy up in NY.

Working on putting the upholstery on the Recaro seats. Still thinking about going to a split fold rear seat.

I had a day off yesterday so I thought I would get the floor pans ready to lay some X-matt. When I pulled up the old sound deaden-er I found some heavy surface rust in the bottoms of all the pans. The worst rust was in the toe board of the drivers side. I nearly killed my 4gal compressor cutting out the rot on the drivers side. The rest of the pans I just hit with my grinder and cleaned them up. I treated the pans with Eastwood rust converter. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to replace the section of floor pan. I do not know that I can use panel adhesive with rivets on this section or not.Name:  019.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  87.6 KBName:  020.jpg
Size:  77.4 KBName:  021.jpg
Size:  106.0 KBName:  022.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  116.0 KBName:  023.jpg
Size:  105.9 KB

You're doing the right thing, cut that rot out. Weld it. It's your floor, make it solid. Make a little patch out of some 20 gauge metal.

I've never welded before, no time like the present I guess. Any advice on what welder to buy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12