Close

Default Wheel gurus c'mon in!

Been thinking about a set of Ridler 650 wheels. Thinking 18x9.5 out back. They're 0 offset, 5.25bs. I'm having a hard time trying to figure how far the front lip is going to stick out if any. Hope one of you guys will chime in.
    Name:  RIDLER650C1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  56.5 KB here's the wheel.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

You have the dimensions, so what are you looking for help with? Compare the dimensions of the wheel you're looking at with the dimensions of the wheels on the car and you'll have your answer.

Well, that's kinda the thing, there are no wheels on the car, lol! It's been in my building for the last 16 years on jackstands. If I remember correctly though, the last set of wheels that were on the car were 15x8 with a 4" bs. The fit should be close with more wheel to the inside if I'm right and roughly the same amount of dish.
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

What axles/brakes/rear end setup are you running on the car. That will help to determine what will fit.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Just an FYI.

If you are still 4 lug or running the stock track width, most Retailers sell a 10 wide wheel with a 25mm offset or 6.25" BS for the Fox Mustangs.

So if the above 10" wheel fit your Mustang then your Ridler 650 would stick @ 1" out further with the BS/Offset you show.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Fox width axles, North racecars brackets and 03-04 Mach I calipers/rotors. I'm converted to 5 lug with 31 spline axles. As much as I like this wheel it sucks that there aren't more offset offerings.
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Thanks, Trey, the next option I like is the series 2 from LMR, I know it'll fit.Name:  sve-56481650_9427.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  35.4 KB
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Thanks, Trey, the next option I like is the series 2 from LMR, I know it'll fit.Name:  sve-56481650_9427.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  35.4 KB
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic G.T.350 View Post
    Well, that's kinda the thing, there are no wheels on the car...
    OK, I said compare to the wheels on your car, but if you don't have any, then compare to the ones that are known to fit properly on any of the bazillions of other Fox Mustangs around. You later posted that you're running Fox width axles, so just find some wheel fitments that work with Fox axles and compare those to the wheels you're looking at. Like Trey did, for instance...

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Just an FYI.

If you are still 4 lug or running the stock track width, most Retailers sell a 10 wide wheel with a 25mm offset or 6.25" BS for the Fox Mustangs.

So if the above 10" wheel fit your Mustang then your Ridler 650 would stick @ 1" out further with the BS/Offset you show.
    By my math, the Ridlers would stick out 1/2" more, not 1" more (5.25" frontspacing vs 4.75" frontspacing). Still, probably more than one would want to try to run!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
    By my math, the Ridlers would stick out 1/2" more, not 1" more (5.25" frontspacing vs 4.75" frontspacing). Still, probably more than one would want to try to run!
    Not disagreeing with the math. This is where it can get complicated IMHO. By the math the front spacing is only 1/2" difference, but by the offset the entire wheel moves 1" further from the mounting surface. Which is what I normally look at when I am comparing wheels. With the difference is wheel width the actual difference is probably between 1/2" and 3/4" since I don't believe I took that into account earlier.

As we have both stated, it will require test fitting on the car with his setup to verify what fits and what doesn't.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 05-09-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller