Close

Default White seat belt sleeves

Wondering if anyone knows of a source for white seat belt sleeves for my '83 GLX. Seems like most other colors are available but I haven't seen any white ones. Thanks in advance, Mike
    Last edited by 83glxvert; 07-03-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Mike, the seat belt sleeves usually match the color of the carpet, not the upholstery. That's why you never see them in white.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

That makes sense, but my car has white belts and sleeves so I'm trying to keep the stock color if possible. I guess I can dye some white to match, not sure how they'll hold up though.

You will probably have to paint them white to match. I have a white interior with canyon red carpet and belts. All the sleeves I could find are the 87 newer red and do not match mine perfectly either. They do fit nicely though and keeps the belts from falling under the seat. If you use the right prep and adhesion promoter there is no reason the paint wouldn't Last

I've honestly never seen a four eyed convertible with white seat belts and sleeves. I would love to see pics. I used aftermarket sleeves and dyed them canyon red. Mine were in pretty bad shape. I agree with Lowetix, if you prep them properly and use the correct spray dye, it should hold up fine. I was worried about mine too.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Here's a couple quick pics. It's an '83 GLX convertible.

Name:  20170704_221520.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  80.1 KBName:  20170704_221540.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  59.4 KB