Close

Default 1983 medium red next to 1990 scarlet red

anybody know how different these colors are next to each other? I did a little searching & it sounds like the medium red is a bit lighter in color. I found a nice set of carpet sill panels on Ebay but they are from a 1990. looks the same in the picture.... previous owner installed stainless sill panels. they look nice, but I would like to install factory plastic ones again.

Just curious if anyone has ever put the two colors next to each other side by side.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 1983-GT; 06-30-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Someone may have experience with the two....but with anything of age like this, most likely there is some fading/discoloring going on anyway unless it is a low mile car garaged all its life. Therefore I wouldn't be too concerned with how they match up as you may want to dye them anyway?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Good Point, maybe Its better to just buy nice condition parts & die/paint them. my initial thought is the carpet sills git the most abuse & & would wear off the color, but in cars that aren't driven much it could hold up a long time I suppose.

The color in my 83 is actually very rich yet. no fading at all. One owner car & he had installed a window louver, dark window tint & seat covers from the very beginning. I was very pleased with how well the interior cleaned up. I'll se if I can post a picture. I'm not sure why he put the stainless carpet trims on. probably for looks I suppose, but the originals where long gone when I picked up the car.

As far as the interior die/paint goes, 83GTJim had recommended the LMR spray bombs for a color match, but warned me about the weak ability for good coverage. Boy was he right! color match is spot on, but its ridiculously transparent. I have dumped out cleaned solvents from my spray guns with more pigment in them I used a full can up to do a pair of rear oem speaker covers. Not sure who their supplier is, but it has the exact same smell as SEM interior colors.

Heres another one.

I might ask the seller if its NOS....
    After counting it 15 times on one page, I just wasn't absolutely sure. I'm starting to dislike that word....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-84-NOS-...JXVfxy&vxp=mtr