Close

Default 1984 1/2 GT Turbo T Top

Car is located in Charlotte, NC and I have to put a price so $5,500. Also, I don’t want this car to go to someone that will convert it to a 5.0 so I will do my best to ensure that you are not that person. There are tons of cars out there to cut up, go find another one.

I think it’s time to move on. I never planned on keeping it in the first place. I enjoy the project more than the result and I need something else. Speaking of that, I would be interested in Mustang trades (preferably FOX Mustangs) as long as they aren’t convertibles. I would talk serious about a NICE 85 ½-’86 SVO but it HAS to have a sunroof. Obviously I would be willing to come your direction if that were the case.

Since there are 17 pages of pictures of this car from every angle imaginable, I don’t feel the need to add many here.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...bo-Restoration

Also, many members on here have seen the car. Foxchassis is one of those so please ask his opinion before wasting your time and mine. Fearnot has also seen it and there are many others that saw it at Foxtoberfest. It looks better in the pictures than it does in person. It still wears a lot of OEM paint and as such, has many, many scratches, nicks, dings etc. The windshield is new but the others are acid-rain stained and there are scratches here and there in the glass. There is not ANY rust on ANYTHING whatsoever and there never has been. No accident or rust repairs EVER. Again, click the link and you can see this car from every angle including the pans. All body panels are OEM and
    I believe all running gear is OEM as well but no, I have never tried to find the tags or serial numbers on them.

I think anyone serious about the car will go through the thread on it so again, I am not putting too much detail in here. The car comes with the interior pictured below and the OEM speedometer. I put a 140MPH in it when I got it and I am keeping that. Also as a result, mileage is unknown which it pretty much was before as well. I have the build sheet and every single receipt for every single part I have purchased since I owned it.

General Condition:
    The car has sport seats in some pictures in that thread but the car did not come with sport seats and it is not leaving with sport seats unless I am trading you for your SVO. It is leaving with the matching front and rear 1989 interior pictured below.
    I changed the transmission and rear end fluids with Royal Purple

I would say overall this car does not leak. Every once in a while I find a drop of oil under it but to me, it’s a 33 year old car and I don’t consider that a leak. It is not soaked with oil and the oil pan is dry. It has been garaged the whole time I had it and I don’t keep a pan under it.

Cruise works.

Power locks work

The car is being sold with the OEM shifter in it, not the one pictured

All the door hinge pins are brand new. Man, that was a HUGE PITA job. Maybe the worst one I did to it

Heat and blower motor work great

Do the T tops leak? Ha, of course they leak but it’s not terrible but yes.

Cooling fan works and still runs on the factory style fan controller. I know a lot of people say those suck but I don’t drive this 200 miles a year and it works fine for me. I did replace it with a new one.

All dash lights and exterior lights work and are extremely bright. I wish my other ’84 had lights as bright as these.

New heater core and I put a new AC evaporator in it at that time (again, in the thread above) but the AC was never even connected back up.
    I didn’t want trash from the old hoses getting in the new evaporator and it still wears the hose plugs that it came with.

New radiator, hoses and heater hoses

The car currently has a JVC tape deck in it with 4 brand new speakers. I never had the OEM stereo

New fuel sending unit so yes, the gas gauge and all gauges works perfectly

New rotors, calipers, drums, shoes, brake hoses, pads, master cylinder

The car currently has the correct 1984 door panels on it that are near perfect. No holes. There are no pictures of those (I can certainly take one if you need to see it) but in the pictures it has 1982 door panels on it. I found a set of correct ones later on.

I live near Fox Mustang Restoration. I was on a budget so I have some “prototype” parts on it. The weatherstripping and also the dash pad are some of those. They are first generation reproduction parts he was having made.

Has an OEM SVO boost gauge (that works perfectly) in place of the useless OEM amp gauge

Drives and steers straight as an arrow and the tires probably don’t have 1,000 miles on them. They are wearing 100% perfect.

It’s dependable and runs good. The Turbo spools up and builds boost. Sometimes if you floor it you get what I can only describe as “catching the computer off guard” and it does not react and then after a few seconds, it does. It’s hard to describe. I suspect perhaps all these early first Gen EEC IV cars exhibit this behavior but I don’t know. If you never floor it, you will never see this behavior. It starts every time and idles fine every time. It does not die at lights or anything like that. It has never smoked at all.

It does not use coolant

If I can’t get what I want, I may also consider taking less and I will take out the SVO sail panels and put back the OEM ones and also, if you have wheels and tires, I will keep these and you can put yours on if that helps anyone. Also, I have the vinyl interior that came with the car when new and it is not in good shape but you ARE taking it with you when you leave with it. That is not optional. I didn’t want to throw it in a dumpster but I am not keeping it either.

Last edited by homer302; 06-11-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

man i like that !!

god, I wish I had the cash for this...

WOW!! very NICE!!

I like this one! Looks like a good honest driver quality car that would be a blast to cruse around in. GLWS!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

I can say this is a very honest and well detailed car. Definitely shows some battle scars as described but I personally like it. Wears it's history quite well and is honest in its originality. I personally like original cars that have not been totally restored. GLWS Bret.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Sent pm.

FEP Power Member

Very Nice! Just my luck its far away and the exchange rate of USD versus Canadian sucks right now.

Am I missing the price???
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

It's hidden in the first sentence
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTRAG View Post
    It's hidden in the first sentence
    Got it. Thanks!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Hidden? haha. It's in the FIRST SENTENCE! J/K. I did just read the rules posted at the top of the page and I either missed where it says or it doesn't say how often we can update our thread. I am not trying to "bump" my thread. I just want to add more information. If I edit the original ad, someone who may be inclined to buy the car based on the updated information may never go back and re-read the ad. Just PM me the rules on this and delete this if this is not allowed.

I did have the Maximum Motorsports FULL LENGTH subframe connectors installed. It also has a full brand new custom exhaust WITH a brand new catalytic convertor. The head pipe is an SVO pipe, not the GT Turbo one. I would be willing to get the AC working if you buy the parts and I will throw in all my time and labor for free. I don't think that's a bad deal. If I wanted to buy the parts and fix the AC I would so if it's just the matter of labor or skill getting the AC working to you and you are a serious buyer, you should be okay with that. If not, then don't enter in to that agreement. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by homer302; 05-12-2017 at 06:16 PM.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

It's an awesome car, good luck with the sale!

It really is an amazing car. I think that the price is more than fair. You did such an excellent job bringing it back. I almost can't believe that you're selling it. Good luck with the sale.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    It really is an amazing car. I think that the price is more than fair. You did such an excellent job bringing it back. I almost can't believe that you're selling it. Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks for the kind words Bryan. Actually, when I bought the car, I promised my wife I was just going to fix it up and move it on. Then it turned out where she actually loved driving the car because it was not as intimidating and loud etc. as my 5.0 car. But she eventually got bored with it as you can imagine and I want another project so I hope to maybe get another one to work on. The restoration is really what I enjoy the most. Saving one and getting it back on the road!

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

GLWS Bret I would love to have it but the timing isn't right at this time, Wish you wanted a vert
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

Price drop. First post has been updated.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Price drop and bump. $5,500. Right now I am not dropping a single penny below that. If it sits another month or two.....that is subject to change of course. You could not buy a roller with a body and interior as nice as this nice for that.
    Last edited by homer302; 06-11-2017 at 05:16 PM.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Is this Mustang still for sale?

This is a great car for the $$ IMO. I was SO happy to get to see it in person last year at Foxtoberfest after watching the resurrection happen in parallel to the '83 GT I did the same thing to several years ago. Great work to bring it back....its just too bad that Photobucket sucks a big you know what and we can no longer see the car or the work you did
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    This is a great car for the $$ IMO. I was SO happy to get to see it in person last year at Foxtoberfest after watching the resurrection happen in parallel to the '83 GT I did the same thing to several years ago. Great work to bring it back....its just too bad that Photobucket sucks a big you know what and we can no longer see the car or the work you did

Looks great, just not sure if it is still for sale or not?

Car sold a couple weeks ago 12 hours after I put it on CL. I got exactly what I wanted for it. The right buyers are out there and they WILL pay money for a well described and honest 4 eye. It now lives in Johnson City, TN.
    They drove it the whole way humming along like it always did without an issue. 22MPG and 1,000 SmilesPG.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Car sold a couple weeks ago 12 hours after I put it on CL. I got exactly what I wanted for it. The right buyers are out there and they WILL pay money for a well described and honest 4 eye. It now lives in Johnson City, TN.
    They drove it the whole way humming along like it always did without an issue. 22MPG and 1,000 SmilesPG.
    I'm glad to hear that. I was worried when I kept seeing this thread pop up. I sold mine as well through local CL listings. Like you, I got what I wanted to get from it with very little fuss or drama.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Car sold a couple weeks ago 12 hours after I put it on CL. I got exactly what I wanted for it.
    I just saw the news. I didn't even know it was for sale...don't know how I missed it but I am glad it went to a good home. I sure hope the new owners are FEP members or that they bring the car out to shows.

I loved that car! I followed your build thread (almost from the beginning) wishing that I had the time & skills to do for my car what you did for that one. I had the privilege of seeing the car at the 50th Anniversary and it was the highlight of the show for me. IMO, it represented its year very well.

Good luck with your next project. I hope you share it with us like you did your GT Turbo.
    Larry

1984 Mustang GT Turbo