Close

Thread: 2.5" tail pipes

Default 2.5" tail pipes

I'm looking at dynomax/walker. I only see them available separately not as a pair. Oddly priced $140 and $150

Before I get these , anyone try the 5-0 resto ? Aluminum not stainless like the dynomax bit much cheaper

I don't like tails that show the welds on the side view like Flowmaster. So any other suggestions appreciated

I liked the 2.5" MAC cat back kit I had on my 86 for years. It eventually went bad.

I was hurting for cash so I put this kit on my 88.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s.../model/mustang

I've been very happy with it, sounds great and has held up well for 6 years.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

I got a set of wlk-45210 wlk 45209 on order for over a month with summit, Seems like they are not making them or really backed up ? I need another alternative.

I don't want to see no welds from the sides, don't want tips, or see the stainless fade into non stainless from the side view......yes, I'm picky with tailpipes lol

Walker is an oem supplier of exhaust parts. 9 times out of 10 if you take the car to master muffler, they just order the walker brand name. All the exhuast hangers will line right up and you can order them from any autozone or even amazon if you so desire.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

I just ordered the LMR tails. Hope they are ok

I'll be interested to hear how the LMR tail pipes work out. I've had a set in my wish list for quite a while, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Quote Originally Posted by 85MUSTANGTGT View Post
    I'll be interested to hear how the LMR tail pipes work out. I've had a set in my wish list for quite a while, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    Will let ya know. The dynomax would have cost me like $300 for the pair. I don't mind paying but for better quality. Hopefully these are decent. The price is good @150. Seen some mixed reviews. Most good though.