Close

Default Wiring into duraspark ignition module

Hey guys sorry I keep asking so many questions but I finally have all my connectors , ignition module, and distributor ready to put my 85 GT back to a duraspark system from the HEI system it had from the previous owner. I'm trying to figure out what wires and/or connector go into the red/white connector on the ignition module. I have a connector with 2 red wires and a single white one in the wire loom that looks like it will connect in, but then I have some cut wires that are red, white/red, green, red/blue (I think), and 3 black wires. The red/blue (I think) wire looks like it's connected to a sensor on the intake. I've included some pictures. Hopefully this will be it and I won't have to ask anymore electrical questions, this stuff has been a huge thorn in my side since I decided to buy this 85 to restore.
    As always thanks I really appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Supporter

Hopefully this helps some. It's from the '85 Mustang EVTM.

Name:  Capture101.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  126.5 KB

The Duraspark box is labeled "Ignition Module" in that image. Also, make sure the Duraspark box you're using has the "Blue" strain relief on it. That means it's blue colored in the area where the wires come out of it.
    Last edited by qikgts; 05-07-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    '85 GT

Thank You!! That is one of the better diagrams I've seen. So it does look like the plug that I do have sitting there is what I need.

Thank You!! That is one of the better diagrams I've seen. So it does look like the plug that I do have sitting there is what I need.

FEP Supporter

Good deal! Getrdun!
    '85 GT