Close

Default refinishing beat up rims.

I was looking into getting my rims professionally cleaned when I was told about a place near me called Wheel Fix It that refinishes aluminum wheels.

They told me they get $125 per rim. I bring them the rims off the car. They remove the tires, machine refinish the rims to look factory new. They powder coat the clear to protect them for a long time and they remount and re balance the tires placing the ugly balance weight on the inside of the rim to keep it looking sharp.

Anybody here done this kind of service to their rims? I'm giving this serious consideration.

FEP Power Member

Yes, have done it several times. Check into it very closely. Lots of guys saying they do a good job but....

The place in Bath, PA does An excellent job with a lifetime warranty. They do make mistakes but fixed them. Wheel collision center.

Some local clowns here in CA.
    - one could not do gold paint and had me running down local paint suppliers. Wait. What happened to the powder coating I was paying for? I don't think you will get my money.
    -Next one did ok but sloppy work and questionable paint. Scratches on inside lip from dragging on concrete after painting. Inside of the wheel is very sparkly for being just clear. I swear they used silver paint. Now after a year the clear is cracking and only 1 year warranty. Again, what happened to the advertised powder coating.

-Lastly watch out for added charges like mounting, dismount and balancing. Times 4, that $15-$25 per tire adds up quick. Next be careful who mounts the tires on the fresh wheels. They can easily peel the paint.

Still looking a.good one locally. I may have found one while visiting a local body shop.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I wanted to that to my 10-holes, would have cost the same as you stated but got lazy and did not want to spend the coin on powder coat so I sanded mine down and shot them with argent silver wheel paint.

But I did not go this far on the painting......

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...light=10+holes

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

I had a set of mess rims refinished 2 years ago, very happy with the results
    here's to the freakin' weekend,I'll drink to that