Close

Threaded View

Default Project Stranger Build

Hey guys, I figured I'd start a build thread just as a way to document my progress, to get ideas from some of you, and maybe share a couple ideas as well.

Here is the backstory, I purchased this car in June of 2015 as soon as I graduated high school(as a self graduation gift lol), I had a 1993 2.3 Mustang, but had always lusted over a Four Eyed 5.0, The rough specs were a stock bottom end, aluminum heads(probably Chinese), Cobra intake, a couple other bolt ons, a Aod Transmission, and 3.73 gears. It is by no means a show car, but I've seen a lot worse. I daily drove this car for a couple months before problem after problem started happening with the electrical system, so I started driving the 1993 again, well a couple of days later the 1993 got side swiped and totaled, so I was stuck with this being my only car, drove it around for a couple days, and everything was fine, then all of a sudden, cruising on the highway cylinder 1 dropped the intake valve and completely chewed the piston and head up and bent the rod. So I parked it in the drive way and bought a jeep. The Mustang just sat untouched for the majority of 2016.

Jump cut to the end of summer 2016, I pulled the Motor and Trans, and completely stripped the engine bay, I also completely gutted the interior. I wanted a complete blank canvas. My goal is a nice cruiser that I can occasionally take to the strip or auto cross and just have fun with. I'm not looking for crazy power, just something fun. It's not going to be stock, but I also don't want to change the character of the car.

The motor has been bored 20 over and I put forged pistons w/ valve reliefs in it, and a basic b303 cam. Still don't know what heads I'll use. But I'm keeping the cobra intake. I plan on some what shaving the engine bay with Scott rod panels. And using a new Ford Racing Engine harness.

The interior has has been completely sound deadened with fatmat rattletrap(ended up using 100 feet), I've re-painted most of the interior panels with Sem Napa red, new carpet, seat belt covers, etc. The interior needed a lot of love.

Well Ill stop blabbing, and start posting some pics of my progress so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by kpippin1986; 04-28-2017 at 10:36 PM.