Close

Default Need advice on what to do about a problematic Ranger

My dad gave me a nice Ranger that had spent it's whole life in south Florida, and ran great for him. Long story short now I'm suspecting I have 2 cracked heads or one cracked block.

This is whole ordeal is somewhat frustrating, and I am considering just selling it as is. how much do you think a rust free, clean step side ranger edge might bring here in the rust belt? I'm hoping for like $1000.

I am am also considering either pulling both heads and getting them checked/milled or buying reman ones, or just slapping in a junkyard mill. I've replaced a carbed 302 in a fox and have a cherry picker (don't know if it goes high enoug for this truck) so I think I could, I'm just going back and forth as to whether it's worth it.

I'm asking here because FEP is, despite my long absence, my favorite automotive community out there.
    Tony

A little more info might be helpful. What year is the Ranger? 4x4? Motor/tranny combo? What exactly is it doing to make you think you have bad heads or a block?

Some of these years have odd little problems with them, especially with the 3.0 V-6 or auto tranny.

Let's see if we can get you pointed in the right direction.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?