Close

Default Duraspark Wiring part 2

You guys will have to excuse me I really suck with wiring schematics. Ive gone over the ones pinned to the electrical part of the forum, but they just end up giving me a headache.
    My car was converted over to an HEI distributor and I no longer have the duraspark box. I want to get rid of the HEI setup and go back to the original Ford setup. Ive got my 85 only distributor, and was planning on getting the duraspark box this weekend, but im trying to figure out what wiring im going to need to hook everything up. Last night I took some pics of whats there on the driver side fender. im hoping that one of these connectors is the one that goes to the duraspark box, and then the box to the distributor. As you can see some of the wires have been cut.
    Name:  IMG_4624.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  73.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4625.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  84.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_4626.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  83.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4627.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  97.2 KB

There are two green wires that appear to be cut, and one blue one.
    There is also another small loom that looks like it goes to the distributor, but only one wire is attached to it,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I believe the black & white plug in the first & second pictures is the power for your ignition module. Should have a red/ lt blue and a white / lt blue hash wire (according to my '85 EVTM).

The wiring that goes from the ignition module to the distributor is part of the engine harness, which I'm not sure I see in your pics. You would be looking for a plug with a purple wire, orange wire, and a black / lt green wire.

Default Duraspark Wiring part 2

I think your right about the distributor wiring. LRS sells the wiring "I believe", so I might have to get it from them.
    Last edited by doubleg; 04-28-2017 at 08:56 PM.