Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Senior Member

Beautiful Car! I´d hang on to it rather than sell it.

I love the aeros as much as the 4Eyes... I´m currently restoring one back to a 90% original condition...

Love the LX! And that's a great color, too. I had an SN-95 follow me home a little over a week ago.
    Like you, I wasn't looking, but I just couldn't turn it away...

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?180614-One-more-Pony-in-the-corral
    Last edited by JACook; 05-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Any survivors in that accident????
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Thought I'd give a little update on this one, since my plan was not to really work on it and unveil it until this winter. As of now I feel I am about a week or two away from taking this thing out for it first cruise in over 15 years! I spent about 8-10 hours on the paint, doing some compound where needed (all of the hood, roof and hatch from poor storage practices) and polishing out/waxing the entire car. I have to say I am rather impressed how it turned out....certainly looks like you would expect for a 10k mile car Sorry, no good pics at the moment.

Now here is where it got fun..and my hopes skyrocketed! I dissected the dealer installed alarm and found the starter disable button under the dash. I put a new battery in the car and checked all the accessories...the factory radio with lower EQ sounded great. So I held in the button and turned the key to test for crank...and not only did she crank but before I could let go of the key (I got a little over zealous) she fired right up!!! And I'm only talking about ~1.5-2 seconds on the key, not over cranking like a cold carb'd car. I was shocked and immediately shut her down...because I had yet to check the fuel system over or change the oil. Keep in mind....this is the first time this car has been touched since 2003!

After that I immediately changed the oil, and got out my transfer pump to siphon the tank. About 8 gallons came out, and to my surprise the fuel was very clean, and had ZERO hint of varnish...smelled like gas still! The pickup is apparently fine as it showed between 1/2 and 3/4 on the gauge and now shows about between 1/8 and E. This has me very hopeful that all will go well when I finally fire it up and let it run.

My plan by this weekend is to drop the tank for a visual inspection through the filler neck opening. I'll replace the filler neck grommet and the fuel filter as a precautionary. If everything is as clean inside as I now anticipate from looking at the fuel that I drained, I'm going to put in 5 gallons of 93 octane with a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and do the deed. If I see any corrosion I will probably replace the tank and pump as a precautionary.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 09-05-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Well, I trailered the car down to Kannapolis for Foxtoberfest for the weekend. She was honored with Best Original for 87-93 which really surprised me. There were a lot of very nice cars, both originals and modified in the field of nearly 600. But literally just moments before the award was called, I shook hands on a deal with the new owner! Thats right, after just 7 months resurrecting it I came home with an empty trailer The timing and logistics were just too good to pass up...plus I was not in the market for the car to begin with, so it just made sense.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Wow, congrats on both accounts!
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

So no pictures of her at the show? Congratulations on the win!

They are out there on Facebook....I didn't take any pictures as I was having too much fun looking at the nearly 600 Foxes in the show field
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    So no pictures of her at the show? Congratulations on the win!
    Jason's car was amazing! I'm glad I got to see it. It was well deserving of the win and the sale also.

Off topic a bit:
    I will have the 4 eye pics posted here tonight or tomorrow, just like I did for the MCA K.C. Show this year.
    I have like 100 or so of them but I used my camera....not my phone, so uploading and transferring them takes a bit longer.

I promise I didn't forget about the non-facebook forum crowd here. I wouldn't intentionally do that to you guys.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 10-17-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    They are out there on Facebook....I didn't take any pictures as I was having too much fun looking at the nearly 600 Foxes in the show field
    Ain't that the truth! It could have been a 2 day show and still wouldn't have been able to see and talk to everyone of interest. It was pure Foxbody heaven!
    Usually I get a chance to talk to a lot of people about my car as I can hang around it fairly close. Just wasn't possible as I wanted to take in the sights as I have never seen something like this before. It was well worth it!
    Brock

Well, I trailered the car down to Kannapolis for Foxtoberfest for the weekend. She was honored with Best Original for 87-93 which really surprised me. There were a lot of very nice cars, both originals and modified in the field of nearly 600. But literally just moments before the award was called, I shook hands on a deal with the new owner! Thats right, after just 7 months resurrecting it I came home with an empty trailer The timing and logistics were just too good to pass up...plus I was not in the market for the car to begin with, so it just made sense.
    Out of curiosity, did you keep the trophy or send it with the new owner?
    Brock

I kept it...that belongs to me with all the work I did to resurrect the car. All he did was show up and buy it...plus he said the trophy doesn't mean the price goes up, so he didn't want it
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I kept it...that belongs to me with all the work I did to resurrect the car. All he did was show up and buy it...plus he said the trophy doesn't mean the price goes up, so he didn't want it
    Perfect! I was going to say that if you let the trophy go, then I would have jacked the price up. Sounds like a win win!
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by NY5speed View Post
    Wow, congrats on both accounts!
    +1
    I'm sure the new owner is smiling! Great car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12