Close

.... 9000 miles on the rebuilt motor, 82k miles (+?) on the car....
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

too bad it's an automatic, sharp car

I really dislike clickbaity ads like that, the mileage section is for the odometer. I don't care how long it's been since you did a motor refresh, as unless they have all the paperwork for it, I assume they are lying. Once again, changing your engine doesn't change the number on the odo, which is what the mileage is meant to represent.

What cam ? What Heads ? What parts went in there ? Sounds like someone just saying they did an engine refresh, because that compartment looks like crap if the engine was just out 9000 before.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I don't dislike the car. But, I'm always critiquing ads. At least this one has some info, and a few pics. What gets me is the "won't find another one like it" comment. Technically, I suppose that is true, but usually there are several similar cars with similar mileage and condition for similar price. Also, the "numbers matching" comment, which of course means something for high dollar muscle cars but doesn't mean that much for most routine collector cars.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    I don't dislike the car. But, I'm always critiquing ads. At least this one has some info, and a few pics. What gets me is the "won't find another one like it" comment. Technically, I suppose that is true, but usually there are several similar cars with similar mileage and condition for similar price. Also, the "numbers matching" comment, which of course means something for high dollar muscle cars but doesn't mean that much for most routine collector cars.
    I think numbers matching power windows is the most important stat there is , come on ! Lol. Does he expect us to believe, or even care that he took out the power window motor, cleaned it up, read the part number, went and looked it up and made sure it was original... etc etc it's just silly.

But that's why we post these ads right, because even if the ad is silly, there is still that chance the car might not be.

Hell I got my 83 GT vert on Kijiji, the ad sucked and he lived in the middle of nowhere but I wanted an 83, so you never know ?
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP