Close

Default Front bump stop issues

Firstly, I'll apologize if this info is already out there, search function is not working on the site.

so as it goes, I installed a set of Sve caster camber plate yesterday. Nothing that difficult. The issue I'm having is the bump stops and dust boots. As per instructions I'm to remove the dust cover and leave the bumper in place. Ok sounds simple right? Well as many have likely already encountered, the bumper, dust boot and upper strut plate seem to be all one piece on a 79 cobra. That or the bump stop is just long gone. So off the local parts store and the sold me a bumper/dust cover kit. (KYB SB 103) So installed I have a bumper and a dust boot.
    My concern is the spacers for the the strut mount going into the cc plate are sitting on top of the rubber. Something about this does not seem right, there is no metal collar in the rubber.

I think the shaft should be solid to the cc plate, no? Should there not be a bumper at the bottom of the shaft touching the strut body?

Anyone with some pics and part numbers, it would be helpful.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  102.9 KB
    pic of the instructions for a quick read.

Still open to ideas, but I'd phone LMR and the guy so firmed the install is correct.

Still unsure if the LMR guy understood what I was saying. This has been floating in my head far too much. Anyone?