Close

Hybrid View

Default 1985 Ford Mustang SVO Hertz Rental Car

Due to recent heart issues and forced retirement from my job I will be selling my Hertz SVO. These are very rare and this one is a daily driver with 75K miles. Clear SC title in my name. It would need a full restoration to be a show car, but its a good dependable driver and is stock minus, Rims, Cold Air intake, Flowmaster exhaust and Manual boost control. These don't change hands often. Included in sale are original rims and tires. Car is verified through the SVO registry and I have a copy of the Hertz title/registration. It will be going straight to ebay and should be viewable on there within the next few hours. These cars have been undervalued and underappreciated but lately have started to gain populairity and value.Name:  15894341_1360584630661062_6626280797269138726_n.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  223.9 KBName:  15965626_1364574880262037_9024409253133844136_n.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  124.9 KB It will have a high BIN, but a reasonable reserve. This is likely the only one for sale right now period. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks for viewing

Location (city and state) and asking price are required. Please update. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Location (city and state) and asking price are required. Please update. Thanks.
    My apologies, Location, Elgin, SC, ad was to inform it was listed on ebay. BIN is 20K with a make offer tab. Sorry for the mistake.

I owned this car up until a year or so ago. I wanted to clear up that the original wheels and tires are not with the car. The SVO wheels are an extra set I had laying around and those tires are newer. The original wheels are long gone as I tracked down the previous owners and the original wheels with the VIN etched in them were sold 20+ years ago.
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

Interesting...never knew they etched the VIN inside the wheels. I assume that was an SVO thing only?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

VIN etching was a Hertz thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    The Dallas and Houston cars have the vin etched on the windows, the Atlanta ones do not.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?173537
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Senior Member

Yep, glass too.

Oh, just saw that was stated above. Ooops.

You should link up what all you've done to the car since you've owned it. Here is the link to your restoration posts.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...an-Restoration!!
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 04-22-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

7. Civility is a must - If you want to haggle with someone on price, do it politely. If you want to tell them how completely off-base you believe their prices are, PM them. If you have questions on why an ad was locked, look over the rules. If the rules don't cover something you have questions on, PM a moderator or administrator. If your ad was locked, it is not a vast conspiracy against your existence. Remember, after all, it's just the Internet.

Not sure why my post was deleted, it had nothing to do with price and was very civil. OP states High BIN with reasonable reserve.....There can be no reasonable reserve because it is NOT an auction.....So, no reserve can be met. It is an eBay "buy it now" ad with an option to submit a best offer. Just was clarifying what the OP didn't in case anyone wanted to bid and try to reach the "reasonable reserve" they cannot.

I just looked at Ebay ad. Nice looking ride noticed $10,125 but it now price. OP good luck with sale.

Wow. that's a pretty significant price drop. I think that thing should fine a new home without much fuss now.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

The first price was meant to be a joke, it generated alot of interest, good or bad, interest is advertising, lol. I put a make offer tab on the auction and posted on several sites where I was looking to be on the car. And yes Mike I haven't had alot of time of late to keep posting on the resto,but between a heart attack and some stents I haven't been able to do much, plus I had chose after the advice of the majority that wrote me as far as keeping it close to stock and not changing alot more performance wise. If it dosen't sell I'll go back in and document anything that wasn't listed. Been more focused on my health and dealing with being placed on the medical retirement list. I love the SVO and drive it often to work, but keeping a roof over my head ultimately is more important. I have to sell a few toys to pay off some bills to adjust to the new budget I'm gonna have to live off of. I hope someone gets the car and finishes it out, it's a good driving car. SVOkip, thanks for clarifying about the wheels. I honestly had no idea.
    Last edited by 85SVOHERTZ; 04-22-2017 at 11:42 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Wow, it went from $20K to $10K to $8500. Did you sell the car?
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Mike the car is sale pending right now at 10k. The only problem is the guy is having a hard time with the fact the my car has two windows that aren't etched. One the old sunroof with the etching I still have, the other, which is the rear hatch glass, I do not. Do they make an etching kit to at least make the car back to standard or if once you have a busted window that's it?

FEP Senior Member

Boy, so the buyer is willing to pay more than your BIN? I have no idea on the etching.

The auction BIN price was changed from 20k to 10k then 8.5k then ended then relisted at 10k

Quote Originally Posted by N2MUSTANGS View Post
    The auction BIN price was changed from 20k to 10k then 8.5k then ended then relisted at 10k
    Buyers are turned off buy sellers who play these silly games, sometimes I wonder if people really want to sell there cars or they are just looking for something to kill time.

This thread can just be deleted if we're going to play these games. Is the car for sale or is it not for sale? If it's for sale, state your asking price. This is not an auction site, nor is it a place to spam your auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    This thread can just be deleted if we're going to play these games. Is the car for sale or is it not for sale? If it's for sale, state your asking price. This is not an auction site, nor is it a place to spam your auctions.
    That was my point the other day when my post was removed. I wasn't being uncivil, just trying to let folks know there was a history to be looked at.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

The car didn't sell, I reslisted it. I have a pending buyer. My BIN is 10K, and the auction has a make offer button. There's no playing around here, I really want to sell the car. I don't want to give it away, (they are rare), but I'm will to accept a fair price for it, more important is my health right now and the fact I'm being placed in medical retirement, so I need to get all that I can for it to pay down some bills. I hope someone gives it a good home. I would sell the car to anyone who was a member of this site for exactly what I have in it. I have 7K in car. If anybody had messaged me from the site I would have extended that to them right away. I posted the ad to notify members I was listing it, and did it with the expectations that members would contact me. I hope that clears things up, as far as the open market goes outside the site, trying to get all I can. Thanks.

If you were "willing" to sell to anyone on the site for 7k then that's what your for sale ad should have stated instead of you telling us it was on eBay for "auction" when it clearly was not and then come to find out it was for 20k. Of course no one is gonna contact you about buying it because it is in no way a 20k car. If you had placed an appropriate ad asking for $8500 OBO here then I'm sure you would have gotten some inquiries.

Well if that's how you feel I respect that. I put a make offer button on the ad, anybody could make any offer that they chose. I feel the car is worth 10K, that's my opinion and my original 20k that I listed it for was because of the other two SVO's that were non hertz cars were listed at 16k and 22K, yes they were nice but not rare, I didn't want to cut my own foot and start the price off low. That was my choice, might not have been the best one, but it's the one I chose. SO again, I have 7K in the car, moneywise, so to any site member I'll sell it for 7k, otherwise I want as much as it can bring and would prefer not to endure everyone's opinion about the stupid ebay auction, it's ebay for crying out loud. This post is in the real world, 7K to a site member takes it home, if it don't sell, I'm gonna put it in storage after I move and call it a day. But I would prefer to sell because of my health issue and impending medical discharge.

can i get the link or pictures

This thread makes it very easy to understand why most everyone "I" personally know NO longer uses Ebay for buying or selling anything!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com