Close



Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    38

    Default Fairmont Interior Door Handle Question

    I need to replace the interior door handles on my 79 Fairmont Futura. Pictures of the replacement door handles for the high location Mustangs look exactly the same as mine. Anyone know if the later 83-93 will work?

    Thanks, Kelly

  2. #2
    FEP Supporter 4-barrel Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Kelly, I think I have some good Fairmont interior handles you could have very cheap, unless your heart is set on new.

    Mike
    1985 ascMcLaren 5.0 SC Roadster
    My '78 Fairmont build - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...539-78-Big-Red

  3. #3
    New User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Kelly, I think I have some good Fairmont interior handles you could have very cheap, unless your heart is set on new.

    Mike
    Thanks, Mike
    I have 4 of them now, they open the door but the springs are broken and the handles flop around. I decided to order one from LMR and see if it fits. If not I'll be contacting you.

  4. #4

    Default

    Don't see why they wouldn't be the same.
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI T-5 (Mustang LWB)
    '17 Ford Transit Connect Titanium LWB
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

  5. #5
    FEP Senior Member roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berea Ohio
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylane View Post
    I need to replace the interior door handles on my 79 Fairmont Futura. Pictures of the replacement door handles for the high location Mustangs look exactly the same as mine. Anyone know if the later 83-93 will work?

    Thanks, Kelly
    The interior handle p/n's are the same per the Ford parts catalog so you're all set.
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

  6. #6
    New User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    The interior handle p/n's are the same per the Ford parts catalog so you're all set.
    I suspected as much. Find out tonight when the part arrives.

    Thanks

  7. #7
    New User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Installed the new handle, fits perfect! It's a Dorman product, should be able to get it at any parts store.

    Kelly

  8. #8
    FEP Supporter 4-barrel Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Don't you just hate it when you buy a "special" part from internet "specialty" retailer and it turns out to be something you could have gotten locally for half of what the "specialty" retailer sold it for? Happened to me last year when I bought new locks for the McLaren doors.

    Mike
    1985 ascMcLaren 5.0 SC Roadster
    My '78 Fairmont build - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...539-78-Big-Red

  9. #9
    New User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Don't you just hate it when you buy a "special" part from internet "specialty" retailer and it turns out to be something you could have gotten locally for half of what the "specialty" retailer sold it for? Happened to me last year when I bought new locks for the McLaren doors.

    Mike
    I checked with Auto Zone, O'Rileys and CARQUEST (where I bought parts for 30 years for my business) none were cheaper than LMR. Surprised me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •