Posting the blurb here for FoxChassis
    Name:  elitemarti.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  74.6 KB

and the invoice for your records as well good sir
    Name:  83invoice.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  105.1 KB

* Interesting note , 979 of the GT verts had the 5speed, but there was 993 made - so what tranny did the other 14 have with the 5.0 ?

Looks like from that, I can say that my car is the Only 1983 Mustang GT Vert that is triple black with a 5speed, and a tilt wheel. So somewhere out there I have two Canadian triple black siblings to find.(although I do remember Fox mentioning that Metric speedos would go elsewhere, so I wonder what other countries does marti include in that when searching)
    Last edited by BTD; 04-18-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I am going to guess the SROD 4 speed since AT was not available with 5.0 in 1983.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    I am going to guess the SROD 4 speed since AT was not available with 5.0 in 1983.
    Must have been right ? I've just never heard of a GT with an SROD, thought that was impossible, I guess not.
    EDIT : According to my 1983 Canadian Mustang Dealer Brochure, you shouldn't have been able to get a 5 speed at all LOL, they should have all had 4 speeds.

Good ole crazy 1983
    Name:  standard features.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  111.6 KB
    Last edited by BTD; 04-18-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI

Quote Originally Posted by BTD
    * Interesting note , 979 of the GT verts had the 5speed, but there was 993 made - so what tranny did the other 14 have with the 5.0 ?
    The other 14 have a Tremec 4-speed OD (SROD).

At the start of the 1983 model year the only transmission available behind the 5.0L engine in the Capri and Mustang was the Tremec 4-speed overdrive "SROD". Roughly 3.5 months after the model year started the Borg Warner 5-speed overdrive T-5 became available behind the 5.0L engine. At that point the SROD became optional, with a ~$124 invoice credit, and lasted through the remainder of the 1983 model year. There was no auto available behind the 5.0L engine in the Capri/Mustang that year, same as the 1982 model year.

Looks like from that, I can say that my car is the Only 1983 Mustang GT Vert that is triple black with a 5speed, and a tilt wheel. So somewhere out there I have two Canadian triple black siblings to find.
    The last three stats on your report are not for all black interiors, they are only for FA interiors. What of the other 160 (the rest of the 235 1983 P27 GT/5-speed units painted black)? Some could have black vinyl trim, black leather trim, or black cloth Sport trim, and a black top, metric speedo, and tilt steering.

(although I do remember Fox mentioning that Metric speedos would go elsewhere, so I wonder what other countries does marti include in that when searching)
    Marti include all units with a metric speedometer, not just units sold in Canada. In other words, not just units ordered/sold in Canada but in any unit that was ordered/sold outside of the continental U.S., i.e. Australia, Europe, Puerto Rico, etc. To make it really simple to understand it would be for every unit ordered in/for use in a DSO that starts with "B" (Canada) or "9" (Export). (Burma and Liberia were the two other countries beside the U.S. that were still imperial during the 1983 model year and I doubt any Mustangs were exported to either.)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Must have been right ? I've just never heard of a GT with an SROD, thought that was impossible, I guess not.
    EDIT : According to my 1983 Canadian Mustang Dealer Brochure, you shouldn't have been able to get a 5 speed at all LOL, they should have all had 4 speeds.

Good ole crazy 1983
    There were two different 5-speeds in 1983. The "early" 1983 5-speed was the Tremec 140VS. That transmission was first available in the Capri/Mustang after the 1980 model year started, behind the turbo and non-turbo 2.3L, and continued behind both engines in 1981 and 1982, and then only the non-turbo in 1983. The "late" 5-speed was the Borg Warner T-5, available behind the turbo 2.3L (Turbo GT) and the 5.0L. Your Canadian brochure doesn't say which 5-speed it is but I'm going to guess it's the Tremec 140VS and also that the brochure is dated before 01/83 (look on the rear cover to confirm), before the T-5 was available. This guess is not only based on the facts I've stated above but also that the brochure says that the 4-speed was standard in the GT/GT convertible. The SROD was standard only from the beginning of the model year until about mid Dec 1982, and then the T-5 became standard and the SROD became optional. If you had a revised Canadian brochure, dated 01/83 or later it would be different there.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-18-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    There were two different 5-speeds in 1983. The "early" 1983 5-speed was the Tremec 140VS. That transmission was first available in the Capri/Mustang after the 1980 model year started, behind the turbo and non-turbo 2.3L, and continued behind both engines in 1981 and 1982, and then only the non-turbo in 1983. The "late" 5-speed was the Borg Warner T-5, available behind the turbo 2.3L (Turbo GT) and the 5.0L. Your Canadian brochure doesn't say which 5-speed it is but I'm going to guess it's the Tremec 140VS and also that the brochure is dated before 01/83 (look on the rear cover to confirm), before the T-5 was available. This guess is not only based on the facts I've stated above but also that the brochure says that the 4-speed was standard in the GT/GT convertible. The SROD was standard only from the beginning of the model year until about mid Dec 1982, and then the T-5 became standard and the SROD became optional. If you had a revised Canadian brochure, dated 01/83 or later it would be different there.
    Great info , did not know about the differences there. Yes you are correct, the brochure is an August 82 edition for the 83 Model year, sounds like they made a whole lot of changes real quick. Love the history.
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI