Close

Hybrid View

Default Brand New Ford Racing spark plug wires

This is a set of brand new in the box Ford Racing plug wires. Like most Ford Racing parts, they are Taiwanese garbage. Anyone that has ever owned a set of these knows what they are. I won these as a raffle prize at a show and I still feel like I got screwed. They say they fit a 5.0 but really like most sets, they are for a 351. If you put them on a 302, there is so much extra wire that they also look like crap because they are long enough to fit a 351. They are located in Charlotte, NC and how about $30 SHIPPED the slowest and cheapest way I can find.
    If you like Taiwanese junk then have I got a deal for you!

Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

With a description like that...how can anyone refuse?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I was born to be a salesman, what can I say?
    Someone will want them but at least I was honest.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I have bought 2 sets over the winter that where supposed to be 5.0 specific. Wrong. One even said 5.8 on the box and the other set as just as long.

Ford Racing parts (ALL of them, the cams, heads, intakes, etc) are nearly entirely Chinese/ Taiwanese junk if not ENTIRELY. Not news. But you aren't helping my sale, LOL! I know several members on here that run these and swear by them. Good for them. Apparently they have low standards.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I think you mis-interpreted the cursing flying around in their area. We are not swearing by them - we are swearing AT them.

My sons 1986 GT convertible had an irregular miss that - try as we may - we initially could not pinpoint to one hole. Codes kept saying engine misfire and one hole then another. That's when we took the MSD cap and rotor and threw them into the trash in favor of an Autozone cap and rotor of all things. (But I was sick of battling it and at 11 pm on a Friday night that's where we can still get parts). Threw it on and we still had to deal with a miss. What the.

You guessed it- dealt with the terrible end situation on the Ford Racing wires it has on it - and it hasn't misfired since. I have no beef with the wires themselves but the ends corrode to hell almost overnight.

On my 86 GT I run a top shelf NAPA cap/rotor that looks just like an original equipment cap and rotor. They go great with my set of surviving low miles OEM 1986 plug wires I sourced from a friend that removed them IN FAVOR of ford racing wires on his. Trying to be the best friend I could be I let him know that I didn't think he installed an upgrade but he was satisfied with his decisions so I then gratefully took his perfect condition except the coil wire original date coded wires home, sourced a new coil wire, and installed all of them. Vroom!

MSD = My Spark Disappeared.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

You guys are not helping. I have a perfect set of brand new Ford Racing wires. They have never been installed on anything. Who needs these things?

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

OEM Motorcraft replacement cap, rotor and plug wires from LMR worked wonders for me on my '85 GT Vert several years ago, and the '84 GT Vert I resurrected this past winter. Oh sorry...I know....not helping your sale

I see these wires on modded cars all the time, so you are right...somebody needs them.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I will take them pm your paypal info thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonysilver82 View Post
    I will take them pm your paypal info thanks
    I hope you tried to bargain on these. I think he is primed to lower his price Lol
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Never had a problem with them using boot protectors. Put me second in line since anything else you can buy is third world manufacturing, and the look and fit is spot on with my R&M looms.

Cale