Close

Default a/c delete/ Ps delete

Hello
    I am getting ready to drop my 89 gt motor into my 83 gt, I am looking to delte smog pump, power steering n and a/c. Does anyone have any suggestion on belt routing or delete kits?
    Thank you

The best thing to do would be to buy an adjustable alternator bracket.

You going to swap to standard rotation water pump?

Yes I believe I would need a standard rotation

The other ideas are paths less traveled. Stay reverse rotation. swap to a left hand mount alternator and run the tensioner either pump to alternator or alternator to crank. Or make an adjustable alternator bracket.

You can mod the AC bracket to mount an idler to it and keep the reverse rotation water pump and factory tensioner.

Mike

Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-21-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

I like that set up any more info on it?
    Than you

The setup is pretty simple, the bracket on the driver side is the old AC bracket trimmed down with a pulley mounted to it. You dont need to use the aftermarket alt bracket, thats the only pic I could find. The typical setup uses the factory alternator bracket and spring tensioner and just the idler pulley for the driver side to make it all work. I think I have the belt number and the blueprint for where to drill the hole and also the spacer pulley and bolt.

Mike
    Last edited by FoxFords&FFR's; 04-26-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999