Close

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Default Tan 84 5.0 GT convertible

Hi all. It's time for me to let this one go. It's got about 71k miles. It's solid and rust free as far as I can tell. It's still original paint. The black on the hood was painted at the dealer before delivery to the original owner at his request, so it's glossy rather than matte. I have some paperwork to go with the car that I got from the original owner. No performance mods have been made to it. I had it out yesterday (4/14) and it ran fine. Occasionally, it has a miss, but it didn't then. So call it intermittent. Also, the a/c been converted to r134. And the cruise wasn't working. Other than that, all appears well with it. It is a nice car to drive.

The car is located in Janesville, WI. And I'm asking $8900. Here's some quick and dirty pics I took of it 4/14. I have better pics of it, but I figured I'd better take new pics. Clearly I'm lacking in photography skills, lol. Please PM me if interested.

Also, I'll be looking to move along the other 2 cars in my collection if anyone is interested in a 5.0 tan hatchback or a 24k mile turbo GT350 convertible, let me know. Both those cars have "needs" though, and I'm looking to use the money from this sale to sort those cars out before listing them. But if needs don't bother you, by all means contact me about them and we can talk. Hell, buy all 3 and make my day, but really this ad is for the tan convertible only at the moment.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by tan84mustanggt; 04-15-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

Very cool and unique car/cars! You leaving the Mustang hobby behind?
    GLWS

Brock, this has gotten you written all over it! You need a 2nd mortgage on the house you're not in yet and buy the whole lot!
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnot View Post
    Very cool and unique car/cars! You leaving the Mustang hobby behind?
    GLWS

Brock, this has gotten you written all over it! You need a 2nd mortgage on the house you're not in yet and buy the whole lot!
    I'm getting out of the foureye business. I'd like to move on to an 03-04 Cobra next. But I think just sticking to one car is best for me. And yes, Brock NEEDS this car. And I'm sure he know it.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

I charged the A/C just a few minutes ago. It works fine. The car was also running on all cylinders no problems.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Awesome vert, Jack!!! Good luck with the sale!!!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

I'm not a fan of verts but I would love to have this one, such a nice surviver. Maybe my lotto numbers will come in tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    Awesome vert, Jack!!! Good luck with the sale!!!!
    Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by tORMENtOR View Post
    I'm not a fan of verts but I would love to have this one, such a nice surviver. Maybe my lotto numbers will come in tonight.
    Thanks Joe I appreciate that. Fingers crossed for those lotto numbers.

I figure I'll put the car on here first to hopefully find a good home for it with someone who appreciates it in all it's tanness. We'll see how it goes. But in a couple weeks I'll have to see about trying something else if this doesn't work.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Good luck sir. That's a unique ride for sure. The Terminator is quite a machine, I can tell you. The very first single mod I would do is the Maximum Motorsports full bushing kit for the IRS. The IRS gets a bad rap and that is Ford's fault really for installing all the soft rubber bushings that are too compliant. I understand they had all the NVH standards to meet but I am pretty positive a car with the entire MM kit would pass them anyway. You would swear it had a straight axle under it if you drove one with it installed. Absolutely ZERO wheel hop. I don't mean not MUCH wheel hop. I mean 100% none, zero, nada. That should be Mod #1 for even spirited driving. I am not talking about drag racing it. Just spirited acceleration on the street with plain old OEM wheels and street tires.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

$8500
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Such a badass car! Glad I don't have room for it lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

can you send me your number nad more pics of the vert

mikecba@aol.com

The 84 GT350 is sold.

This car is still available. But, unless something comes up, I'll be consigning it to a dealer on Friday. If you're at all interested, please contact me and maybe we can work something out before that. If you want to make me an offer, fine. What's the worst I can do, say no.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by tan84mustanggt View Post
    I'm getting out of the foureye business. I'd like to move on to an 03-04 Cobra next. But I think just sticking to one car is best for me. And yes, Brock NEEDS this car. And I'm sure he know it.

I would love nothing more than to own this beauty! It would compliment the current hatch quite well and would only leave me searching for an 8Q notch to complete a set.

Financially, with a kiddo getting ready to go to college, it's just horrible timing. I got nothing besides a 2011 Ram 1500 (just paid off), $20 and a bottle of Mountain Dew to offer.

Free bump for such a great and awesome convertible!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    I would love nothing more than to own this beauty! It would compliment the current hatch quite well and would only leave me searching for an 8Q notch to complete a set.

Financially, with a kiddo getting ready to go to college, it's just horrible timing. I got nothing besides a 2011 Ram 1500 (just paid off), $20 and a bottle of Mountain Dew to offer.

Free bump for such a great and awesome convertible!
    If it was a 7UP bottle I might buy it to go with the 7UP Stang but Mountain Dew just doesn't cut it lol
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Jack -

Is this you car? If not, it's got a twin...

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rPSuKZDyQIY
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Yeah Bryan, that's my car.

I see Photobucket finally got to me. Let's see if I can a post a pic of me dropping it off....

84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Ok, so imgur it is from now on.

I just re-dropped the car off today. After they shot that video it blew a heater hose. They only sell/consign. So I had to go get it and fix it. It's back there now. I'm skeptical as to what they can do to sell it at the price they're asking. Time will tell. I fully expect to have the car back this fall. But it's worth a shot to me. I was really hoping someone here would want it.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by tan84mustanggt View Post
    Ok, so imgur it is from now on.

I just re-dropped the car off today. After they shot that video it blew a heater hose. They only sell/consign. So I had to go get it and fix it. It's back there now. I'm skeptical as to what they can do to sell it at the price they're asking. Time will tell. I fully expect to have the car back this fall. But it's worth a shot to me. I was really hoping someone here would want it.
    I'm surprised that it hasn't sold. You'd think that a nice, solid, well cared for 5.0 convertible would sell fairly quickly. If I'm honest, trying to sell on the forum while it's over saturated with the constant flood of eBay, CL and other off forum sale ads makes selling nearly impossible. When I sold my Turbo GT, I priced it low and sold it locally. The alternative was paying over 100 a month to park it somewhere else. It made me sad to see it go, but I don't have the resources to manage 3 cars.

I really hope that you find a buyer at a price that you're happy with.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible