Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1985 GT Build

Awesome work you've done there!

Thanks Boomer.

Took car out for a quick joyride tonight before storms roll in, rain forecasted for most of next week here. No major accomplishments made since last post other than prepping a new sub-fuse panel for my datalog stuff. Right now I have a 12ga. power wire running from the underhood power distribution box to power my A/F gauge and O2 controller. I'm planning to power the sensor interface from this wire so splitting it up into separate fused circuits inside the car. Been tied up with house projects last couple weeks, should be done with them soon and get back to piddling with this hopefully.

New sub fuse panel:
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (10.5CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley SA "670"), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, STB, KMB, Bilsteins, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Nicely done! Pride in workmanship right there!
    '85 GT

The other one... 2016 F-150 XLT Supercab Ecoboosted with 3.73's...

Thanks. Always try to do my best.
    Thomas

347 (10.5CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley SA "670"), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, STB, KMB, Bilsteins, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Thomas,
    I have read with a lot of interest your car build - very nice! I have a question, what Ford Power Distribution Box & bracket (Part number or car where it came from) you put in your car's underwood (shown in post #66)? I would like to emulate that in my project car.
    Thanks, Raul

Hi Raul,

Thank you.

The distribution box and bracket I purchased on ebay and was listed as being from an '03-04 Mustang w/ ABS. I believe all '94-04 Mustangs use a similar box and bracket, though the internal arrangement of fuses and relays changed through the years. I wasn't paying attention when I bought the box and it didn't include the bracket and had to source it from another seller. There's also a plastic cover that goes over the power cable lug that I didn't get and still need to source (not necessary, but would like to have). If you're getting these parts from your local auto salvage you can just grab what you need, but if you're buying online be sure to look for these ancillary pieces. Hope this helps and good luck with your project. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
    Thomas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234