Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 1985 GT Build

Interesting reading.
    The black valve covers look just right in this car.

A section of gutter guard mesh, zip tied across and behind that lower bumper intake, keeps road debris from dinging cooling fins.

Have a 2v Holley with annular boosters, manual choke, on the stock 2.3T. Engine drives same or better than the stock carbs did.
    May be a psychological but adds a high performance type feel. As before, rarely need any choke to start or when warming up.
    Pulls very smooth even from a low rpm and when in a higher gear than normally used. Fuel econ is same or better.

FEP Supporter

Sounds like a full modding schedule! The USB ports look like they came there! I may be swiping that idea... lol
    '85 GT

Thanks, guys! Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic and can get the majority of this stuff accomplished.

Yeah, need to give some thought on what to do with the lower openings in the bumper. Have to add that to the list.

This particular USB port I liked because it had an aluminum body. It also has a digital voltage display in between the ports which I don't really need, but whatever, another way to monitor my battery. I purchased a couple others previously, but they were all plastic and didn't look quite as nice. The USB port took a bit of work to fit in there. I had to enlarge the opening in the ash tray panel and turn down the OD of the USB port face flange. If I remember correctly, the hole in the panel was about 7/8" and the threads on the USB port were not quite 1" (probably metric - 24-25mm). Precariously drilled out the hole with a 1" hole saw in my drill press. A burr in a die grinder or dremel probably would've been safer. I have a small lathe I was able to chuck the USB port in to turn the flange down with.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

FEP Supporter

Can't wait to see the "next" results!
    '85 GT

Another item I forgot to mention - battery tray replacement.

My original has been broken and hanging on by one bolt for quite awhile. My friend who I obtained the cruise control parts from also found me a good replacement in his stash. Gave it a good scrubbing and repaired a few areas where the plastic was flaking and exposing the reinforcing fibers then shot it with some black paint. Should work. Ready to go in, will swap it out soon.

Thomas

347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Did the annular booster upgrade on my 3310. Have only done some basic tuning so far, but dropped 5 jet sizes from the original straight boosters. Haven't gotten into timing, air bleed or emulsion adjustments, but seems to be driving well enough as is.

Knocking stuff of my To-Do list. Replacement radiator and cruise control reinstall up next.

Installation Kit from All-State Carburetor:

Boosters Installed:

Reassembled:
    Thomas

FEP Supporter

Nice job Thomas! I hope it runs great when you're done with the super tune!

A few years ago I had bought a QFT 650 SS (mech secs) with annular boosters. The driveability of the 4180 sold me on the idea. Eventually will install and pair with a Weiand 7515 on a set of FRPP X307's.
    '85 GT

So.....getting a bit distracted from my original project list. Adding to it, I guess.

Been kind of looking into doing this for awhile, then these fell in my lap. A buddy pulled these off his car so I decided to grab them. Going to clean them up, paint them, and order the mounting kit soon.

Thomas

FEP Supporter

ATS calipers?
    '85 GT

Yes, sir. Hoping to get them cleaned and painted over the next week or so. Going to make masks to add the COBRA & Brembo logos. Probably going to order the mounting kit this weekend. Plan to do the Taurus calipers on the rear also.
    Thomas

FEP Supporter

Very nice!
    Last edited by qikgts; 04-19-2024 at 06:52 PM.
    '85 GT

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678