Close

Default Difference between 87-93 rear bumper cover and 79-85 rear bumper cover

Hi, i have a 1980 notch and my rear bumper cover its a little bit crack. I am thinking about buying a new one and i like the 87-93 ones because it has the "mustang" lettering. I was wondering if its any difference between both rear bumper covers (79-84 and 87/93). Will it fit my 80 notch? Does it matter if its notch or hatch?

this are the links of the bumper covers:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-17835CF/198...r-Bumper-Cover
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-17835DF/198...r-Bumper-Cover

thank you!

Molding is very different. It will be noticed. If you don't care then you can use the late model bumper cover.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

It can be repaired. Our oldest daughter got hit by another vehicle and it tore several holes in the bumper cover. When I took it to the body shop for repairs, they said they could mend the cover. I was skeptical...especially given the backup sensors...but when I picked it up I could not tell where it was fixed. It has been about a year now and still cannot tell. May be different on covers that are more brittle idk...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride