Close

Default It has 4 Eyes but you are not likly to see them in your mirror in race. Dodges Demon

1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

It's cool, but that will be it's down fall in seeing them on the street. They're selling 3000, and I'd bet 20 years from now there will be 2900 of them with less than 5000 miles on them.

With that said, if I could I'd have 1 of the 100 that had 100,000 miles and had been driven around to every race track I could find. Now let's see the Mustang version....
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

I like the idea of how the AC is being used to cool the supercharger:

"One of the Demon’s more innovative performance features is called the SRT Power Chiller, which eliminates the need to surround the airbox and intake with bags of ice at the track. Instead, the system uses air conditioning refrigerant to lower the temperature of coolant used in the supercharger’s heat exchangers, resulting in cooler, denser air reaching the combustion chamber. After a pass, the car’s After-Run Chiller uses the engine cooling fan and low temperature circuit coolant pump to reduce supercharger temperature and eliminate heat soak."

Maybe this idea can be used on our Four Eye's
    1985 Ford LTD LX
    1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
    1994 Ford F150 Lightning

FEP Supporter

That car is going to be nuts. If only I had the dough...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
    I like the idea of how the AC is being used to cool the supercharger:

"One of the Demon’s more innovative performance features is called the SRT Power Chiller, which eliminates the need to surround the airbox and intake with bags of ice at the track. Instead, the system uses air conditioning refrigerant to lower the temperature of coolant used in the supercharger’s heat exchangers, resulting in cooler, denser air reaching the combustion chamber. After a pass, the car’s After-Run Chiller uses the engine cooling fan and low temperature circuit coolant pump to reduce supercharger temperature and eliminate heat soak."
    Cool but Dodge isn't the first to use the AC for performance gains. I remember this from a "few" years back...

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...ne-performance

The article states an even earlier use, on a Mustang concept car. Didn't know about that one.
    '85 GT

The Demon will be pretty cool if people actually take 'em out and drive them. I thought I'd read about the AC intercooler somewhere before... now I'm just pissed again that Ford didn't put that new Lightning concept into production.

FEP Power Member

This company sells something that can be added to a small list of cars. Has to be an air-to-water aftercooler.

http://killerchiller.com/

It goes to eleven....

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

"Spinal Tap lead guitarist, Nigel Tufnel explains the importance of going to 11..."

The car is probably barely fit to drive on the street. (Saying That just makes me feel better about not being able to get one��)

Blog Entries

Interesting, but the only place you can really use it to its potential is at the track. Since it has no cage and runs 9.9's, it is not legal TO run at the track. It is cool, but ultimately a garage queen status symbol.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

There's nothing new since Henry Ford.

I'd say the Demon is actually missing some power and a roll cage to beat the best...

The same applied to the not for street use B029 68 Hemi Barracuda. They had roll cages, and prepped right, they were as fast.

Factory Hurst-Campbell dual quad L023's, B029's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwTz5vSLQJg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NirZGQEwBkU

They do 8.91's without a Supercharger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AsUlQsIH88

Basically sanitized Elephant Motor performance. Remember, 425 hp Street Hemi that made 500 net with just tube headers and two carbs on a cross ram.

4,941-pound curb weight saps 840 hp reserves 3150 with 600 hp 12.5:1 Race Hemi.

From an engineering perspective yes it's cool, from an average car enthusiast perspective - who freaking cares. You can't use any of that power driving around, and it looks like it's trying WAYYYY to hard to be aggressive. If you are building a track car, build a track car. If you are building a street car, build a street car.

The two are very different and for once I'd like to see manufacturers understand that.

Personally I don't give a crap how much power a car has as it's just a number. Unless you can actually put that power to use, it's purely for marketing and the big dick I have a wallet that's fatter than yours contest.

The car will be what like 80 grand ? Buy a fox for 2000, put 78000 of parts into it.. get way better car.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

FEP Power Member

You guys are missing the best part of this. People who bought Hellcats as status symbols will be unloading them to get Demons.

Default Like they say " ridiculous and awesume"

Am happy with a Mustang. Would like a ride in one of these of course.

Clean looking car for what it is. Drag car can drive to/from track. If they let you race.
    The details, not glitz, say it's fast.
    Traditional mopar mean looking with factory warranty.
    New Air Grabber hood. This stuff is a real link to the best of the past without stale here we go again look.
    No a/c waiting in line to stage with mandatory windows up? Hrrmp. No sale.
    Someone figured 1st gear is like having a 5.00 rear gear.
    Estimated 303 top speed in a vacuum, 8th gear
    2.7L supercharger- larger than 2.3L engine
    Interesting paint color names and choice of 14? News in itself.
    Can be driven. Even if ya can afford it, gonna park it (and the like) without worry?
    Wonder if any buyer will pay the 1.00 to buy the deleted but optional seats?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...ons/100372536/
    http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...id=18241&mid=1

Too bad majority of any companies still do not offer new cars, homes, or products most people can easily afford.
    Huge price cuts would be real news rather than the unveiling of new sports team uniforms or profit taking figures.
    Tech, govt, consumer, and corporate attitude reversal is overdue. Include lower income people financially before its too late..

Well - they have an automatic too. Finally something that gives the undertalented driver a fighting chance of keeping up with a seasoned gear head.

Watch them STILL blow the tires off and get left sitting there by a stock fox 5.0L 5-speed car. They had better remove the governor or many of us are damn well going to outrun them up top.

Oh - and great news - now we can buy 10 foxes AND build them all to outperform one for 1/2 the money. Before it was only 9.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You guys are missing the best part of this. People who bought Hellcats as status symbols will be unloading them to get Demons.

Heck yeah! Neva thought of that?

And the price of 315/40R18 Nitto NT05R's will go down. And Maier front flares to fit 315's on Foxes up front....

Oopps, got the curb mass wrong.

Power-to-weight (*Power-to-weight is calculated by dividing the engine horsepower by the curb weight in pounds, and multiplying it by 100) may be a more relevant stat for real-world performance. Here, the Demon should come in at 19.8, figuring a curb weight of 4,248 pounds if you don't pay the extra dollar to get passenger and rear seats in the car. The Bugatti Chiron can claim 33.6 power to weight, based on its 4,400-pound curb weight.
    I like 2490 pounds for a 1979 4 cylinder Mustang or Capri, even an 88 Saleen had a sub 3000 shipping weight. An 86 ASC Capri, 3438 lbs. Pretty easy to add alloy heads and glass hoods and panels to a Stang and only need 492 to 591 horses to match the Supercharged Demon. And that is so easy to get with any junkyard fortified Ford engine.

Nothing new since the Henry Ford concept of Tin Lizzie Simplicity.

The John Dillinger Escape Plan? Let everyone eat my Ford V8's dust....

And foxbody Mustangs have a history of putting power to the ground.

Anyone notice the torque deficit vs HP on the mopar? Down 100 lbs is huge.

I'll take maximized average torque over maximized peak HP any day.

I'm just glad too see that Huge Horse Power is not going away. I just wish the price did, most of these type of cars only seem to go to collectors today. Go back 50 years, and the buyer was most likely a racer or someone that wanted the fastest street car. The "Collector" really didn't exist.
    1985 Ford LTD LX
    1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
    1994 Ford F150 Lightning