Close

Thread: JBA Shorties

Default JBA Shorties

Always wanted a set of these. Seems early to mid 90s they were the header to get i.e Bassani, Kooks, you know the craze of whatever Stang period your most familiar with. Well found a slightly used pair cheap, so naturally I bought them. Whats the thought on JBA? Overrated, Good, out dated, just curious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They tend to be a bit expensive for what they are. I'd rather have MAC, BBK, Ford Racing, Flowtech.

However, since you are buying them used, the price is no longer an issue. The performance will be about the same as everyone else. They are marginally better than factory 1985+ headers, but much better than the early logs.
    Last edited by Mgino757; 04-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    1985 Mustang GT conv. modified 4180C, Weiand Street Warrior intake, equal length headers, true dual exhaust, 3.55:1 8.8'' rear end, 2003 V6 T5, Ford Racing 10.5" clutch.

1998 Mustang GT auto. PI swapped. Daily beater

Alright. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 1-5/8" JBAs on my '85 Hatch. They've been on there a long time, and have held up very well, with
    no gasket leaks ever. I personally would never equate JBA with either BBK or MAC, quality-wise.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

The JBAs I've seen are nice.

I run equal shorty BBK 1 5/8" tube headers on mine.

To all considering doing the same, I have no complaints after 14 years. The only real issue is that my motor mounts were a bit tired when I installed them so I dented a tube when it hit the front subframe the first time I hit the gas. Oh well - install new mounts or if you've hopped up your car considerably add a tie down chain and turnbuckle if you care.

JBA's are some of the highest quality of the shorty headers out there. Right up there with FMS & Bassani.
    I had them on my first '85GT & the fitment & performance was excellent. The BBK's I had on my old '81 always had a leak.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Agreed JBA are great headers. Way better than BBK