Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^ Nice

Just an update....the inner fenders of other Foxes define where you need to cut the outer guard without having to re-invent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    BBS rims were originally split rims, so you can mess around with offset.

Grab a plastic LINCOLN MARK VII 84-92 1984-1992 FENDER LINER INNER FENDER, drop a Mustng fender and you'll see that it just takes a little guard pump to fit 275's in the front. LSC's were designed to take 245/60 16's, but will take much more. Its the height and width that prevent the bigger tires going in.

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorGT
    You lost me on that explanation on swapping parts of wheels with other wheels haha
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorGT
    Ok I think I understand.. You just pop the bottom part of the fender and bumper and fab something up to keep them popped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    This afternoon I figured I'd have a go at the inner fenders to see how they might fit up to the modified fender. On a hunch I grabbed a pair of inner liners from a 94 Mustang thinking that they just might work with a bit of trimming. The 94 wheel opening is much larger than the Fox fenders have and the lower part of the fender is wider too. The lower part of the plastic was the part I had to trim the most. Basically I just held the plastic up in the fender opening and marked the outline of the fender. It took a couple of times to get the plastic trimmed down in all the right places to fit. Once I had them cut down they fit almost as if they were made for the car. I love it when a hunch pays off.

Attachment 110203

Attachment 110204

Attachment 110205

Attachment 110206

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12