Close

Default issue with ACC carpets

I installed Academy Blue carpet I got from LMR 2 summers back and this week I dropped in a pair of ACC floor mats of the same color.

The mismatch in color is horrible. I tried complaining to LMR and ACC and neither one was interested to hear about it.

Look at this mismatch and tell me how annoyed you would be if you have to pull the interior out and install another carpet.

Are their any other classic auto carpet makers that make a better carpet then ACC?

And also, the ACC carpet is light as a bedsheet. The original carpet I pulled out weighed a ton.

Attachment 110933

Attachment 110934

I think the ACC carpet has had quality issues for years. Aside from the weight issue there are other issues like color fade and low quality form molding. I recently tried to find another supplier and purchased a carpet from Stockinteriors.com after being impressed with their headliner kit. Guess what? Box shows up with ACC written on the side
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

The best way to do it would be to order the mats and the carpet at the same time, so they can be made from the same dye lot. When you buy mats well after buying the carpet, you basically have to take what you get. ACC is where you want to focus your ire, LMR is not responsible for their quality issues.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    The best way to do it would be to order the mats and the carpet at the same time, so they can be made from the same dye lot. When you buy mats well after buying the carpet, you basically have to take what you get. ACC is where you want to focus your ire, LMR is not responsible for their quality issues.
    I do understand that, however ACC says they don't intervene in a 3rd party sale. they insists I must take up the issue with LMR, who in turn says they only order the stuff, its drop shipped from ACC, and its been to long to take up as a warranty issue.

Im just annoyed because I spend a nice chunk of change with LMR over the past 3 years. Anything would have been acceptable as a peace offering.

I do also understand that ordering matts 2 years later would have a different tone but seriously the carpet looks gray next to the floor mats. I feel I have to pull it and start over but I gotta have a shade of blue that resembles the floor mats. ACC tells me they guarantee a 5% match but looking at my carpet and floor mats they aren't even close. The carpet was either botched dye job, or the warehouse sent the wrong item and I just didn't think enough of it to complain at the time. I remember finding store bought floor mats that matched the carpet but they were junky and finally wore holes in them.

Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    I do understand that, however ACC says they don't intervene in a 3rd party sale. they insists I must take up the issue with LMR, who in turn says they only order the stuff, its drop shipped from ACC, and its been to long to take up as a warranty issue.

Im just annoyed because I spend a nice chunk of change with LMR over the past 3 years. Anything would have been acceptable as a peace offering.

I do also understand that ordering matts 2 years later would have a different tone but seriously the carpet looks gray next to the floor mats. I feel I have to pull it and start over but I gotta have a shade of blue that resembles the floor mats. ACC tells me they guarantee a 5% match but looking at my carpet and floor mats they aren't even close. The carpet was either botched dye job, or the warehouse sent the wrong item and I just didn't think enough of it to complain at the time. I remember finding store bought floor mats that matched the carpet but they were junky and finally wore holes in them.
    I once had an issue with seat covers that I bought through CJ Pony from another company and I got satisfaction from the manufacturer. I think that ACC knows that they're the only name in town. They should value their reputation and offer some sort of help - saying they don't get involved in 3rd party distributor sales is just BS. They know that they made them, so they could do something, or at least offer to.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

ACC never offered a dimes worth of customer satisfaction to me but LMR ultimately gave me a $50 gift card that I used in conjunction with a coupon code to get a new carpet at around a 40% discount.

I pulled the whole interior out of my 84 vert this past weekend and replaced the carpet. AGAIN!

Money talks.

What you need to do is store up a big stack of stuff you need and get it all into a pending order with the call center then ask to talk to a manager.

Tell them they can either take care of the problem and win more business or make zero on the next order and all future when you buy elsewhere. It's easy to see this can cut into their profits but ask what they will make on the stuff they don't sell to you.

Im personally well connected to thousands of people so when companies try to pull crap on me I know precisely how to quickly become a PR nightmare simply by telling a true story to those I know.

End result is nobody wants to cheap out on keeping me happy.

it costs way more to try to recover from the damage. And when it's all straight up and true and documented it's not slander.

Make it clear you won't pull any punches if they choose to go that route just be sure to hit above the belt. It's just business.

They can make it right or suffer their deserved fate. And go suck on a rock pretty much....

Never miss the opportunity to use your buying power as leverage. Ever d-bag sales manager and every nice guy sales manager gets it- the numbers are the thing they understand the best. They don't always like it.

I needed new flooring in my house and got stuck in a similar run around between Nebraska Furniture Mart and Southern Motion over some really crappy couches recently. Amazing what you can get done when a $6500 order is pending.
    Last edited by erratic50; 05-02-2017 at 01:44 AM.

How hard would it be to get a list of members / posters and tag it on an email... just screen names, no personal IDs, but use that as leverage?
    "The BEST classic fox site online. (____) members and counting... if you want OUR site's "endorsement", make it right by US"