Close

Default 1986 waiting on dyno

So over the last few months I've built a car and it required remapping the ECU. I'll refrain from name dropping the shop I've hired but it's a three and a half hour drive from where I live. This shop specializes in mustangs. So I dropped the car off after talking with the fellow over the phone and paying him for the service. Originally it was to be 895$. He said he didn't have room in his shop to store the car so I'd have to keep it at my friends house in town. After three weeks he said there was an additional charge for labor installing the chip. I was a little grumpy but I tried to be optimistic and agreed. It's been five weeks now, a solid grand, and my car was supposed to be on the dyno today. I've just been informed that there wasn't room and now it'll be tomorrow. Am I out of line in being upset about this convoluted mess?

I'd be upset about that. I've never had a fox tuned, but when I got my S197 tuned I set up an appointment, drove the car there, and it was done there that day. The place I took it to was a very busy and popular shop too. Not all businesses are ran the same. Either way, $895 seems steep for just a tune IMO.

That being said, you're already committed. I'd just take my business elsewhere in the future.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    1986 Capri 5.0L 5-Speed

Yeah, that's bogus. Where are you located? I have a guy in town where I'm at that wrote me a complete custom tune for less than $400.
    1985 Mustang GT conv. modified 4180C, Weiand Street Warrior intake, equal length headers, true dual exhaust, 3.55:1 8.8'' rear end, 2003 V6 T5, Ford Racing 10.5" clutch.

1998 Mustang GT auto. PI swapped. Daily beater

Well it's a done deal now and I'm excited to actually get to drive it working well. I had hoped for better numbers but I think we all do. I'm being optimistic and hoping that the time spent was tweaking things and it runs great. Wish me luck as I'm going to pick it up this weekend.