Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 83 build advice needed

Agree totally. I love my 351W.

Yes, there are additional parts to make it work in the Fox, but it's not necessarily a second mortgage on your house. I rebuilt an '85 van short block, and bought most of my swap parts on Corral...including the link-bar roller lifters. Got my 28oz flywheel on Craigslist. A few things on eBay, including a 31-spline truck posi for my 8.8. I think the only things I bought "new" was the rebuilt kit, the balancer, the proper axles, and a reman Duraspark dizzy. Check it out before you write off the 9.5 block that you already have. It can be done in a budget..and you're probably gonna upgrade/replace most of those parts anyway. Now, were I building a 6k race motor, that would be a different story. For a street motor, the Windsor is gobs of fun. Plus, you have an '83GT, so the fitment issues most have will be easier with the scoop.

All that said, work out brakes/suspension stuff FIRST. As already said, the 87+ brakes are pretty easy to swap in and well worth it over the stockers. Sub frames for sure, and go through your electrics good...especially all the grounds.

EDIT--for the cost of those intake adapters, you can buy whatever carb'd 351 intake you want. Again, don't write off Corral classifieds. Tons of 9.5 parts on there all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by grtskydog; 05-22-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Ed

"The Dude abides."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12