Close

Default One thing leads to another.

It just never seems to end with these old cars. It started off with wanting to remove the dash to inspect the wiring. From there, it seemed smart to pull the heater box for a new heater core, which ended up needing a whole overhaul. From that point, I remembered my windows rolled down slow. Inspected the window motor, needs a rebuild. Then I figured I might as well replace the guide bushing for the window track. Then, well, since I'm this far, might as well gut the interior for a re-spray. Well, heck, might as well add sound deadening now. Never ends.

Then the wife said, "I thought this car was going to be on the road by spring?!?! All you keep doing is stripping more parts of it!!!"

So, I promptly reminded her, that there's 207 sovereign states in the world, and like 190 of them you can't talk to a man that way. To which she told me to wash my car parts with the garden hose from now on, and not in the tub, so I quickly apologized. I think all is good now, but I haven't tried to bring a car part inside yet.

Sometimes, singleness is bliss.

Mike

I think you guy off lucky, if you're not careful you won't get off at all, lol!
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Mine just rolls her eyes and shakes her head and mumbles as she walks away. Hey wait, you get to wash parts in the tub. Your my new hero.

None of my projects EVER go like that!

Washing parts in the tub!!!!! Heck I barely get to wash myself in my shower! You are DA MAN!!!!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Hey Dave, while you are at it and have the door apart for the regulator and guide bushings, you might as well change the window run channel weatherstrip.

I guess I'm lucky, my wife is ok with me washing car parts in the tub. The only condition is that I better make sure the tub, sink, floor and toilet are spotless when I'm done in there . Having teenage boys using that bathroom, it made more sense to use the garden hose outside to wash my parts.

As for projects on these cars, they always spiral out of control. Mine is a prime example. Started off with a little bodywork and suspension work being the main objectives for this winter. Ironically, those 2 items are the ones that are still not done but 30 other things that popped up during the process are.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-29-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Mine brought a dog home and thinks we're even. Whatever....adding something to the garage now in a couple weeks
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Blog Entries

I needed to rewire my cooling fans. Three months later, the battery is in the trunk, I have a NHRA legal exterior battery disconnect, an MSD box with a two step, a line lock, high and low beam relays, two cooling fan relays, no more fusible links, mega fuses on the 3G alternator at both ends, ect. ect.-- and I'm still not done. I think I should just nickname my car Snowball, since it's white anyway.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

From thisName:  Photo-0212.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  99.1 KB

to this
    Name:  Done   LOL.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  42.8 KB

Just for a bad starter ring gear. LOL While its apart new clutch duals t-5 $30 part cost me maybe 500

Quote Originally Posted by 83gt351w View Post
    To which she told me to wash my car parts with the garden hose from now on, and not in the tub, so I quickly apologized. I think all is good now, but I haven't tried to bring a car part inside yet.

And that's why you wait till she goes shopping to do this:

408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

must have been a long shopping trip. LOL I should have gotten a pic of baking the headers and ring gear in the oven