Close

Default Opinions on this throwout bearing.

Ordered a "Ford Racing" throwout bearing and the one I received looks different from the pics on LMR site, but looks exactly like the pics on Summit site. Let me know what you guys think.

One concern with this is I can't see any grease when looking down through the gap on the pressure plate side. Is this a sealed bearing?

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

I think you'll be fine, you dont want a lot of grease in that area. Valeo supplies a lot of Fords clutches etc. Sometimes TOBs come with a little packet of grease but thats to be used on the ID where it rides on the collar. Good Luck with it.

Mike
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFords&FFR's View Post
    I think you'll be fine, you dont want a lot of grease in that area. Valeo supplies a lot of Fords clutches etc. Sometimes TOBs come with a little packet of grease but thats to be used on the ID where it rides on the collar. Good Luck with it.

Mike
    I noticed the inside sleeve came pre-greased.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Yup, don't sweat it brother! Get it done and drive it, playa!
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Sweet! Thanks for the input, guys! Makes me feel better.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Looks completely proper and correct.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Looks completely proper and correct.
    Cool, thanks!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Looks different than the one that came out of a Ford Racing box currently in my car, but I think I bought that in 2010. My old Ford Racing HD clutch used to mess those things up, so I went through a few of them, and they all looked more like this:

I had ripped clutch leg syndrome bad with that clutch in the car, but I kinda liked that clutch. The Centerforce I have been using since 2010 has been much easier on the tob and my leg. Ford Performance must have switched tob suppliers, because I do not remember seeing any Valeo markings on mine whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if the quality is better now.

Cale

Quote Originally Posted by cb84capri View Post
    Looks different than the one that came out of a Ford Racing box currently in my car, but I think I bought that in 2010. My old Ford Racing HD clutch used to mess those things up, so I went through a few of them, and they all looked more like this:

I had ripped clutch leg syndrome bad with that clutch in the car, but I kinda liked that clutch. The Centerforce I have been using since 2010 has been much easier on the tob and my leg. Ford Performance must have switched tob suppliers, because I do not remember seeing any Valeo markings on mine whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if the quality is better now.

Cale
    Yeah, that's the other one I keep seeing. Not sure why there'd be different ones out there.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0