Close

Default 1983 Capri RS 5.0 HO 4 spd $2300.00/ BO

Up for sale is a survivor Capri RS. Awesome car in what appears to be mostly original paint with the awesome Black/Grey on Black color scheme. The car is absolutely solid with no rust. I bought it from a family member of the original buyer in Ohio. One can tell it's been cared for, and kept inside most of its life. I bought it for the front bumper cover, and planned on selling it afterward. I fell in love with the black on black, and I've been going back and forth whether or not to sell it since. I'm restoring my '79 and really do not need the distraction. I have not touched it since I bought it, other than to remove and replace the front bumper cover.

Has just under 104,000 miles. H.O. motor that runs and drives, but needs a tune-up. Factory 4-speed manual transmission. Has dealer installed 140 mph speedometer, installed by original buyer. Has 8.8 rear end with unknown gear ratio. Seats are late 80's vintage, in good shape. Headliner is perfect, and has premium sound. Unfortunately, it has the passenger side frame rail issue (battery damage), which must be replaced. Rear hatch has a corner that needs to be fixed. I was told that it was caused by the car rolling into something when it was in neutral, and it rusted from there. It would probably better to replace it.

Since I've owned it, I've been looking for another RS front bumper cover and/rear hatch nearby. I really need to focus on my car, and get that one done first, before starting a second. I thought I would see if there was someone out there looking for a car to finish, that was worth finishing. Let me know if anyone has any other questions. Thanks! - Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by RSCapri; 04-16-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Price Drop!

This is awesome, good luck with the sale!

FEP User

PM sent, email sent too I'm interested....
    Last edited by 50dan; 04-01-2017 at 10:49 AM.

FEP User

Sent you another email can you get back with me. Thanks.

I'm really hoping to find someone looking for a great car. Price lowered a bit....

Please remove this thread. The car has been sold. Thanks!