Close

Default Pensacola MCA National March 25-27

Great show as usual and it was good to see a few of the FEP faithful in attendance. The forecast was terrible, but in the end it only rained late Saturday once the day's activities were over.

I managed to take a few pics of the four eyes that I saw on the show field. I missed getting a picture of a few that I didn't see come back out on Sunday, an '84 GT350, an '84 SVO, and a buddy of mine's '86 SVO. Quite a few fox bodies in attendance.

Here are some pics of the one's I did get...

Name:  84 GT.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  158.1 KBName:  85 GT.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  168.8 KBName:  86 saleen 15.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  135.1 KBName:  86 saleen 154.jpg
Size:  126.0 KBName:  86 svo.jpg
Size:  154.9 KB
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

We made it back to Texas safe and sound. Nice to meet you. See you down the road. Here's a shot stopping for lunch. Perspective of how long we are with the 2 car rig.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by hopeto; 03-28-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    65 K Code GT Silver Smoke Gray
    67 K Code GT Vintage Burgandy
    84 GT Convertible Original Owner with 1800 Miles
    86 Oxford White SVO
    12 Boss 302 Yellow Blaze
    16 Shelby GT350 R Shadow Black

That certainly puts your rig into perspective Hopeto. WOW! That was a long trip from FL to TX. Well done, post any pics you may have from the show, bet you had some fun!

Jimmy, it was good to put a face with a name! Enjoyed looking over your ultra low mileage '84 GT.

Glad to hear you made it back home safely. Does your wife still like the new toy hauler? I have a hard enough time with my pint size 24'.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

We took our 84 GT Convertible with 1800 miles (top picture in BlueMax post above) and our 65 Silver Smoke Gray K Code HiPo 289 GT. Had a blast and the weather, although threatening, was great. Only actual rain was Saturday after the show closed. Sunday was clear. The wife was OK with the new rig. I did have to back in to the motel in Hattisburg on Sunday evening. They didn't have a drive where I could pull through. I should have checked them out on Google Maps a little closer before booking. Had to pull out on the highway in order to back in. Couple of folks weren't happy. Thanks for letting me look over your SVO. You've done a GREAT job and congrats on your awards!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    65 K Code GT Silver Smoke Gray
    67 K Code GT Vintage Burgandy
    84 GT Convertible Original Owner with 1800 Miles
    86 Oxford White SVO
    12 Boss 302 Yellow Blaze
    16 Shelby GT350 R Shadow Black

Great pics everyone. The cars pictured above are spectacular.

It's always good to visit with forum friends at shows.

Foxylady and I were a judging team (we have been a team at many shows). We judged four cars -- no four eyes -- all Unrestored: 87 GT fastback, 89 ASC McLaren, 92 Feature Car, 93 triple white Feature Car. We had judged two of them before. All very nice cars.

As always, I encourage forum participants to attend MCA shows. There is a class for everyone, even Display Only if that is your preference. You get to see some of the best Mustangs in the country. And, you get to meet the great people who own them, and all the friendly and dedicated MCA personnel working the show.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars