Close

Default 1984 LTD Ford Wagon...Roller

'84 Ford LTD Mustang Station Wagon Wannabe - $750 (Solana Beach)

1984 Ford LTD Wagon

fuel: gas
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    This wannabe Mustang wagon is a project that is currently on Non-Op.

This clean body style is built on a Fox Chassis, same as the '79-'93 Mustangs but has a 5" longer wheelbase.
    Almost all of the Fox Body/Mustang suspension components are a direct bolt-in, only the drive shaft, exhaust and fuel lines need to be made 5" longer to complete the v-8 conversion.

The wagon currently has the following 1990 Mustang GT 5 speed items installed:

Clutch/Brake pedal assembly with master cylinder, SN95 brake Booster, clutch cable and firewall adjuster
    Complete 4-lug front suspension including k-member, front disc brakes, coil springs, struts, larger sway bar, rack and pinion, power steering pump and lines.
    3 row radiator and fan shroud. Wiper Motor.
    3.08 rear axle with drum brakes and cables.
    Heater/AC fan assembly with controls and new heater core.

1990 Mustang GT 5 speed parts not installed yet, but will be included are:

Steering column with air bag and cruise control.
    Stock brake proportioning valve, emergency brake handle.
    Dashboard and all the front to rear wiring harnesses including the A9L computer (missing only the trans harness)
    Double Hump transmission cross member.
    Cruise Control Assembly

The body does not appear to have any rust, but does have a dent in the drivers door. There is one spot on the roof where the paint has chipped off about 3" in diameter. The cracked windshield will need to be replaced.

The interior is a light blue/gray with bucket seats in the front and bench seat in the rear. It needs a new headliner.

The car is currently sitting on 4 spare tires for rolling purposes only.

The stock '84 drives shaft and stock '84 efi gas tank with in tank fuel pump is included.

Add your labor, engine, transmission and exhaust and creativity to complete this project.

Please note that this is a package deal and no parts are for sale separately at this time.

Please call for more information, texts will be ignored.

This is not a Fairmont or an LTD/LX , but is the same Fox/body chassis.

See https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/6051517017 for your next wagon project.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-25-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    more foxes than cents

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    thanks for fixing my post
    more foxes than cents

Just added some pictures of wiring and dashboard install
    more foxes than cents

Just completed all the wiring except transmission and operational check is ok.

Added AC system and stock air cleaner setup too.

Price is now $1,500.

Thanks FEP.
    more foxes than cents

Quote Originally Posted by frinkspa View Post
    Just completed all the wiring except transmission and operational check is ok.

Added AC system and stock air cleaner setup too.

Price is now $1,500.

Thanks FEP.
    Update: use: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/6137987632.html or just go to sandiego craigslist and enter ltd or fairmont to find the pic's.

Also, please feel free to post any comments or price review.

Thanks FEP
    more foxes than cents

FEP User

wish I could C more pic…
    lookin to find a '79 -'82 LTD station wagon. I understand it's considered fox body (surprised me abt that)… Hopin that's the correct yrs for the 'down sized" station wagon. Lookin for a needel in a hay stack is easier if U know a lill abt it (ie yr)…
    Got a 250 i6 & C4 (may B a drive shaft?)...

Quote Originally Posted by chrlsful View Post
    wish I could C more pic…
    lookin to find a '79 -'82 LTD station wagon. I understand it's considered fox body (surprised me abt that)… Hopin that's the correct yrs for the 'down sized" station wagon. Lookin for a needel in a hay stack is easier if U know a lill abt it (ie yr)…
    Got a 250 i6 & C4 (may B a drive shaft?)...
    If you want a Fox LTD/Marquis station wagon, it'll be 1983-1986.

more foxes than cents

This has been sold and will be on its way to Winston Salem, North Carolina.

THANKS FEP
    more foxes than cents

Hello again FEP...the North Carolina buyer just bailed on me due to the high cost of shipping a roller. Do any of you have any good shipping connections that the buyer can contact ? Please let me know asap, as I would like to make this deal happen. Thanks for your input.
    more foxes than cents

I shipped a roller Merkur from NC to Oregon a couple years ago for about $1200 via uship.com. A roller is, of course, extra work for the trucker.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    I shipped a roller Merkur from NC to Oregon a couple years ago for about $1200 via uship.com. A roller is, of course, extra work for the trucker.

Mike
    thanks, I will pass that along...buyer was getting quotes around $1,400......
    more foxes than cents

This LTD is back for sale again...make an offer....it now has 10 hole wheels on it...great start for your next winter project.
    more foxes than cents

Still available see https://craigslist.org/nsd/cto/6300863995.html or just look up craigslist san diego search for ltd....thanks FEP
    more foxes than cents

Just SOLD again....same buyer....thanks FEP
    more foxes than cents