Close

Default Enkei center cap solution

Found center caps on eBay. They shipped from Thailand which worried me a little, but they arrived in less than 3 weeks. Also found some centers that were close to the same diameter as the center of the faux Enkei center caps. A hole saw, a dremel, and some silicone later and voila! Custom Mustang center caps for my mesh wheels.

Last edited by DougTx; 03-22-2017 at 03:49 PM.

are there more available?

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    are there more available?
    Only 4 left for the center caps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272265274455...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The Mustang center caps are for 2015-up. Part#FR3Z-1130-C

Is that for the set?

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Is that for the set?
    Yes it is.

I bought new eBay center caps for my "brand unknown" mesh rims from a seller in Taiwan as well. I like your running horse detail, I may have to copy that.

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    I bought new eBay center caps for my "brand unknown" mesh rims from a seller in Taiwan as well. I like your running horse detail, I may have to copy that.
    Looks like the same seller I got mine from. Thanks for the running horse detail compliment. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! ;-)

I wonder if the Saleen stickers would fit in the cap you found. I know they dont look the same but would be another alternative. Nice job!

Mike
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

Those center caps , both the link posted and the one's Joe got, are the same ones I ordered for my Enkeis. I do have a bit of a fitment issue with them as they do not fully snap into the groove in the wheel. They are not loose in the hole but they do not take much to pull straight off and I'm concerned that they will not stay secure once in motion. It might just be my set, or my wheels but I'm going to have to figure something out if I want to feel comfortable using them.

Name:  0131171622.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  162.2 KBName:  0208171706.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  109.7 KB
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-30-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Those center caps , both the link posted and the one's Joe got, are the same ones I ordered for my Enkeis. I do have a bit of a fitment issue with them as they do not fully snap into the groove in the wheel. They are not loose in the hole but they do not take much to pull straight off and I'm concerned that they will not stay secure once in motion. It might just be my set, or my wheels but I'm going to have to figure something out if I want to feel comfortable using them.

Name:  0131171622.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  162.2 KBName:  0208171706.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  109.7 KB
    I noticed the same issue with mine. I'm going to try a bead of silicone to hold them in place...

Quote Originally Posted by DougTx View Post
    I noticed the same issue with mine. I'm going to try a bead of silicone to hold them in place...
    Well at least it's not just mine. I thought about the bead of silicone or a light adhesive but wasn't sure how well it would hold up. I have also looked close at mine and wondered if the edge that is hitting the bore could be filed down to allow the leading edge to clear the lip just a bit. I'm a bit reluctant to try anything to extreme for fear of really messing it up and having to wait another month to receive the replacements. Shipping from Thailand is slowwwwwww.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?